Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marketplace Filtering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings everyone. Curious if there is any thought about maybe some filtering options for the Marketplace section. Browsing & searching in the Marketplace is difficult due to the vehicles having a single character as names. Also, all the vehicles are dropped into each of the same sections (Vehicles, and Parts sections). As a life long car guy, I've been using car forums for 25+ years. I've moderated car forums before, and I know it's a difficult task, especially with a forum with such a large size and scope as this one. In other forums I've used, it has either 1) allowed sellers to put a "Tag" on the left of the sale post denoting whether it's an NA or NB or NC, etc. People can also select to only show certain types (i.e - NB) and it will filter out the rest (attached picture demonstrates this). 2) Split up the different cars into different sub-forums. Much like you already do with the Marketplace already, taking it a step further to make subsections in each area for each model of car (X, 3, S, Y).

I just think it would make things easier for the end-user to navigate and find things. Just a thought, wasn't sure if it was brought up in the past or not. Anyway, great site, there is SO MUCH excellent information here, it's why I don't contribute much because I'm still in the learning phase of these cars, and I don't have a ton of knowledge to lend yet. Anyway, appreciate the time. Have an awesome day.

Mark

Attachments

• 20230213_075256.jpg
    20230213_075256.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 96
I came here to post the exact same thing.

Trying to search the Tesla Parts For Sale sub and it's impossible to find anything. Search isn't much help, either.

I think predefined tags could do just about everything needed:

1. Tags for the car model (would eliminate the need for separate subs for each car, but either works).
2. Tags for the location of the part - State or country and metro area (especially helpful if the poster is not willing to ship)
3. Tags for the type of part (suspension / wheels, body accessories, etc)

Probably start with the bigger categories to start breaking things up and then go from there as needed...

Reactions: zmarko