TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mars Close and Bright in Late July

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Curt Renz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Mars will appear at a perihelic opposition from the Sun during the night of 2018 JUL 26-27. Greatest brilliance at magnitude -2.8 is expected on JUL 28, with closest approach to Earth on JUL 31. It will be nearly as bright and close as in 2003, which was its closest in more than 60,000 years.

My related graphics and more details can be found on my Mars webpage: https://www.CurtRenz.com/mars.html

Photos and descriptions of Mars during its current apparition would be welcome additions to this thread.

• Like x 1
  2. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

Thanks Curt....I'm glad you are here

• Like x 1
  3. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Hopefully the dust storm clears so we can see the rovers.... :D

• Funny x 2