Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mars Timeline: Starlink/Boring/TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
So we're trudging along the path to Master Plan implementation focusing primarily on automobile manufacturing, occasionally FSD implications, occasionally future Energy implications. I think we're forgetting the REAL master plan in Elon's mind is to colonize Mars.

Now that Falcon Heavy has 3 successful launches under it's belt and we've sent actual humans to the ISS, how long until Elon takes the next couple steps and heads to Mars? It'll be quite some time before SpaceX puts a human on Mars, but Elon doesn't need humans. The whole purpose of Starlink and Boring and all this FSD automation functioning on Earth is to do a dry run for Mars IMO. At what point does Elon strap them onto a half dozen Falcon Heavy's and get started on Mars? Probably a few days after FSD is done and stable.

I ask in the Investors Forum mainly because this is where everyone is, but also for what impact you feel this will have on Elon's currently Earthbound enterprises. What does TSLA look like on the day the first Mars mission is announced?

I think we're dramatically underestimating the timing of this announcement and actual missions to follow. On a first principles basis, what's holding it back? Nothing that I can see.

So what's your guess on the timeline? I'll go with a Mars cargo mission actually announced end of 2021, planned for end of 2022 and actually launched in 2023.