Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian MW05 Race Wheels

It works - albeit barely. You may need to shave your knuckles a mm or two. It requires a lot of camber front and rear. And of course, not all tires are the same, so it could vary from one brand to another.

Below photo is on Falken RT660's, 305/30/19.

LRP.jpg

Thanks. What front/rear camber are you running?

Well I have a different offset than the MW05's which are +40. I have 19x10.5 MW03's in +25. So, I am fairly confident you will need -3 degrees (roughly) of front Camber with 15mm spacers. In the rear, you should only need -2.5 to -3 degrees of camber. I needed almost -4 to fit the 305's.

Up front you'd need around +20 effective offset relative to OEM performance setup (so a 20mm spacer on top of +40 offset Martian sells) and about 3-3.5 degrees of camber.

In the rear, with a +40 offset you *may* get away with just lowering and around 1.7 degrees of camber. @MasterC17 posted elsewhere that with +25 rear offset (and maybe non OEM brake rotors?) he had to dial in 3.2 degrees of camber to make things clear.

A 40-offset wheel buys one ~15mm worth of clearance, which is rough equivalent to what 1.5 degrees of camber gets you. So, if you lower and get to ~1.7 degrees of camber in the rear you might be good with a 40-offset wheel and stock rear performance brakes.

If @MasterC17 is running MPP/other rear rotors that push the wheels out further, the math becomes a tad more favorable.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC