Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheel photo thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided I want to order Martian wheels for my incoming model Y. I've seen a few photos from members that have the wheels on their car but I would really like a dedicated thread that gives examples of different sizes, colors, on different color cars. If you have a model Y with Martians, please post your pics here. If you want to ask questions or have a discussion, please use the IM feature to avoid cluttering the thread.

Thanks. I'll post my photos when my car and wheels deliver.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
Here's a good picture of some Martian wheels 😈

1630359229780.png

AND ... they're on an EV !

I decided I want to order Martian wheels for my incoming model Y. I've seen a few photos from members that have the wheels on their car but I would really like a dedicated thread that gives examples of different sizes, colors, on different color cars. If you have a model Y with Martians, please post your pics here. If you want to ask questions or have a discussion, please use the IM feature to avoid cluttering the thread.

I'm interested in 19" versus 20" Martian Wheels on a Model Y. Are the 19s to small for the wheel well?

I'm interested in 19" versus 20" Martian Wheels on a Model Y. Are the 19s to small for the wheel well?
From what I can
From what I can gather from wheelsize.com the stock tire diameters are the same for the 19 and 20 inch wheels. Therefore I will get the 19 inch wheels since i can use the gemini wheels as a spare, the 19 inch tires have a bigger sidewall and the tires are cheaper should one fail or when it comes time to replace them. Anyone comment on this deduction?

From what I can

From what I can gather from wheelsize.com the stock tire diameters are the same for the 19 and 20 inch wheels. Therefore I will get the 19 inch wheels since i can use the gemini wheels as a spare, the 19 inch tires have a bigger sidewall and the tires are cheaper should one fail or when it comes time to replace them. Anyone comment on this deduction?
Yes, you have deduced well. The 19" have about .5" of extra sidewall height so should help with ride comfort and limit you chance of pot hole damage. I would also get the 9" width compared to the 9.5" standard wheel with. This would let the factory tires stick out just slightly wider than the rim to help protect it as well. Hope this helps. Now just trying to convince the wife that she needs these on her Y She does not seem to like the more open look in wheels.

Reactions: MumblzA10
Just picked these up about an hour ago. 18” Satin Black with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4s size 235/55/ZR18.

I drove about 10 miles on them and the ride is noticeably less bumpy than with the OEM Gemini wheels and tires. One thing to know is that I had to get a new set of lug nuts from Discount Tire that cost me about $60.

Attachments

• 8A5AE3D9-6A7C-49E5-AE75-C7A8C9C3CA6C.jpeg
    8A5AE3D9-6A7C-49E5-AE75-C7A8C9C3CA6C.jpeg
    623.2 KB · Views: 611
Reactions: Pied and Noflash