Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03 - New discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martian Wheels customer service is just terrible, I would stay away from them. I ordered my set 4 months ago and still waiting for them to ship. They are still not able to confirm a shipping date.
FYI - I called them 2 days in a row. First time got answering machine. Second time they answered and were very informative and helpful. First time contacting them but am pleased with the service.

Anyone know where to get Martian wheels that doesn’t have a 6-8 week wait?

@MODEL+ So you have 18” martians in the matte black? I see them on your site but can’t tell if you have them or would order them.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find them any faster. I tried a DM to MODEL+ here, but he never answered. I finally gave up and ordered them directly. I'm now 3 weeks into my "6-8 weeks" wait.

I definitely waited way too long to order and will need to be strategic about driving this Michigan winter (ie. use my wife's car when snow is possible). The stock P Zeros summers are super slippery when temps fall below 40F, even just on wet pavement.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find them any faster. I tried a DM to MODEL+ here, but he never answered. I finally gave up and ordered them directly. I'm now 3 weeks into my "6-8 weeks" wait.

I definitely waited way too long to order and will need to be strategic about driving this Michigan winter (ie. use my wife's car when snow is possible). The stock P Zeros summers are super slippery when temps fall below 40F, even just on wet pavement.

So I was just pleasantly surprised to get a shipment notification and tracking number from Martian! That means it'll be less than 5 weeks from order to delivery! I'm hugely impressed.

Reactions: MumblzA10
So I was just pleasantly surprised to get a shipment notification and tracking number from Martian! That means it'll be less than 5 weeks from order to delivery! I'm hugely impressed.
Here's a pic. They're satin black, 19x8.5 with Vredestein Wintrac Pro tires. I also put black plastic lug caps on it.

Attachments

• 20211210_104754.jpg
    20211210_104754.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 400
Thanks! How do they ride? What is your average kw/mi?
Well, the ride quality is subjective. I think they ride the same as the OEM 20s. The average kw/mi is about the same as the OEM 20s but I also have the UP front lip and rear spoiler. I want to say lowering the vehicle 3/4" front and 1/2" rear helped the efficiency some as well but hard to tell. I usually see around 250 kw/mi driving around 70-75. At the speed limit of 65 I sometimes see 240s.

That was quick 👍 I'm still waiting for a shipping date after ordering a set of satin gunmetal 19" x 8.5" MW03 on October 19, 2021. Martian did respond to an update request last week, and they said it will be another month or so before my wheels ship out.

I'm interested in purchasing these after a recent sidewall blowout on the stock 20" uberturbines w/ pirelli tires on a small-ish pothole at ~40 mph. Trying to decide between 18" vs 19" and 235 vs 245 PS4S tires.

Anybody with 18x8.5" or 19x8.5" regret their decision and wish they went with the larger or smaller diameter? I'm leaning towards 19" as a balance of aesthetics and pothole/curb rash protection for when my wife drives.

I'm interested in purchasing these after a recent sidewall blowout on the stock 20" uberturbines w/ pirelli tires on a small-ish pothole at ~40 mph. Trying to decide between 18" vs 19" and 235 vs 245 PS4S tires.

Anybody with 18x8.5" or 19x8.5" regret their decision and wish they went with the larger or smaller diameter? I'm leaning towards 19" as a balance of aesthetics and pothole/curb rash protection for when my wife drives.
Following this. Curious to know as well. Looking to go from 19" OEM to 18" Martian Wheels. Also wondering if there will be any noticeable range increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.