Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelled my mw03 order today; just don't feel like waiting like some of you all are. Instead I placed an order for this design of a wheel cut at 18x8.5 +35 direct from a manufacturer, instead of going through a middleman - only $1400 shipped. They have never cut this design in 18"s so there was no specific weight provided, but the 19"s are right at 18 pounds. monoblock forged. No clue if they will fit cars with the performance brakes or not, but will find someone local to vegas and test fit one, since mine is a stealth. Will created a thread in a month or two after getting them in.

IMG-20200608-WA0002.jpg

Cancelled my mw03 order today; just don't feel like waiting like some of you all are. Instead I placed an order for this design of a wheel cut at 18x8.5 +35 direct from a manufacturer, instead of going through a middleman - only $1400 shipped. They have never cut this design in 18"s so there was no specific weight provided, but the 19"s are right at 18 pounds. monoblock forged. No clue if they will fit cars with the performance brakes or not, but will find someone local to vegas and test fit one, since mine is a stealth. Will created a thread in a month or two after getting them in.

View attachment 550111
those look awesome! That's the price for one wheel, right?

AC7FE245-23BB-4AB2-9777-26B5B9882EE0.png

Last edited:

View attachment 550111

Where did you order these from? I'm tempted to jump ship too.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Let us know! If it works out wonder if they'd make a set for a MX.

They're a good size manufacturer, so I am 100% certain they could. The thing going on right now which benefits us as individuals, is that I guess manufacturing is down over there, so these companies that normally don't deal with retail sales are willing to remove the minimum order quantities, and sell one set at a time.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I feel like I'm the only one who hates almost all aftermarket wheels on Teslas. They just don't look right. Please disagree away!

You could always go with a replica looking wheel.
And the reasons to do so could be many:
Reduced weight, fitment to different than stock tire, stronger wheels, etc.

Tesla had a very tight budget for the Model 3, otherwise the base price could be double of what it is, an area they choose to save money on is the wheels (heavy and cheap), the brakes (terrible heat dissipation, easy to overheat and overwhelm with aggressive driving, granted, not something most users will encounter during normal operation) and the suspension (stiff and unforgiving) all of which can be addressed by quality aftermarket parts (ex, coilovers, forged wheels instead of cast, better tires and so on..).

But to each his own, not entirely sure why you choose this post in particular to voice your dislike for aftermarket wheels, are you looking for people's reasons as means to learn?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
@ Sam1: were did you order those BBS lookalike wheels?

I ordered my Martian wheels 18x8.5 +35 Gunmetal in november last year. With black friday discount! I got an email from Drew, confirming that my wheels were on a shipment to Martian in december. Now they are saying that Corona is delaying my order, but this happend months before this crisis. They will not say what happened to my wheels and this december dilivery, also no ETA is given. Very dissapointing. I like this disign wheels, but I will cancel my order if they do not improve their service.
Adriaan

• Love
Reactions: Ferociious
I know you're joking about that, but honestly I'm starting to think that. Has anyone got them other than the people that have posted videos of them?
I ordered the first set on black Friday as well but I got my set by around January 10th, my 20" set did get delayed although I did order in Mid March, supposedly a silver batch did get finished and should be arriving soon, will post pics.

Reactions: Sam1
Status
Not open for further replies.