Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most major on-line tire companies like Tire Rack, Discount tire, etc. allow you to set up a comparison chart among up to 3 alternatives, but they don't include rolling resistance. During a chat with Michelin, they were able to quantify "Fuel Efficiency", so I used their data to make the following table for the Michelin tires under consideration. Unfortunately, all four have a Fuel Efficiency" of 9 and there is only one significant digit. Somewhere in this thread (cdrikari?), the cross climate, which BTW has the best Average Score, was said to have more rolling resistance than the MXM4. So I think we know more about Michelin Tire performance than they do!
MichCompar.png

Why are the MXM4 so expensive?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Most major on-line tire companies like Tire Rack, Discount tire, etc. allow you to set up a comparison chart among up to 3 alternatives, but they don't include rolling resistance. During a chat with Michelin, they were able to quantify "Fuel Efficiency", so I used their data to make the following table for the Michelin tires under consideration. Unfortunately, all four have a Fuel Efficiency" of 9 and there is only one significant digit. Somewhere in this thread (cdrikari?), the cross climate, which BTW has the best Average Score, was said to have more rolling resistance than the MXM4. So I think we know more about Michelin Tire performance than they do!View attachment 568435

Why are the MXM4 so expensive?
Makes no sense that the A/S 3+ would be worse than the MXM4

Works on 3/Y

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CTB7WM8

Ordered these for around $73

They have worked fine for me and its my second set of them. The stem is silver but they do make a black one just more expensive.

FYI....The TPMS sensors for the M3 are not compatible with the MY. The TPMS sensors for the MY are now bluetooth and, at this point, are only available directly from Tesla for $75 each.

• Informative
Reactions: TonyJag and YisSerL
FYI....The TPMS sensors for the M3 are not compatible with the MY. The TPMS sensors for the MY are now bluetooth and, at this point, are only available directly from Tesla for $75 each.

This is a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.