Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone post an up close picture of the face of the martian wheels center caps? Wondering if I can add a laser etched plastic Tesla logos in brushed Titanium.
Here you go. The face is quite flat and it looks like a stick-on logo would work well. Please let me know where to buy the laser etched plastic Tesla logos in brushed Titanium. Thanks.
20200824_004317CCaps copy.jpg

Here you go. The face is quite flat and it looks like a stick-on logo would work well. Please let me know where to buy the laser etched plastic Tesla logos in brushed Titanium. Thanks.View attachment 579997

I will make a small batch of them, pm me and we can work something out. Will be a few weeks until my wheels arrive, so I can prototype something.
I'm thinking brushed titanium look with a black background where its laser etched.

Vines, I’d also be interested in a laser cut center cap covers for the Martian Wheels if you’re going into business. The caps that MW sends seem superior to even OEM & all 3rd party sources. Someone commented earlier that the MW cap can only be removed when the wheel is off since the O-ring makes a very tight fit. The cap fronts are totally flat and I think any good quality vinyl would adhere perfectly.

Hi - I've just ordered a set of the Martian 18x7.5s for my M3P and wanted to get some advice on the best tire to go for to totally maximise efficiency ( @TonyJag ?).

Basically, will a 205/45 or 215/45 EU B rated tire give better Wh/mile than a 225/45 A rated? Or are there too many other variables?

Second question: Will the stock Tesla aero covers from the SR+ fit onto these wheels?

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Will the stock Tesla aero covers from the SR+ fit onto these wheels?

I highly doubt it. The Aero covers are designed to clamp on to the specific "spoke" locations on the OEM wheel.

It sounds like you should have bought a LR 3 instead of performance since you are trying to optimize range and efficiency.
The more narrow wheels and more efficient tires will work against the performance potential of the car.

Are you planning to do a lot of wheel/tire swapping? (Like OEMs for "track days", and narrow set only for long distance road trips?)

Are you planning to do a lot of wheel/tire swapping? (Like OEMs for "track days", and narrow set only for long distance road trips?)

Yeah - that and also to have a set for winter tyres (20" winter tyres are eye-wateringly expensive).

I would have gotten a LR (with a tow bar), but they weren't available here when I placed my order. Annoyingly they became available before my eventual delivery, but that is another story.

I would have gotten a LR, but they weren't available here when I placed my order. Annoyingly they became available before my eventual delivery, but that is another story.

And I "got stuck" with an LR because AWD and P were not yet announced or available when I got mine. "Grass is always greener", I suppose.
I keep telling myself that the LR has some nice things about it, but I can't help but long for those quicker 0-60 times.

And I "got stuck" with an LR because AWD and P were not yet announced or available when I got mine. "Grass is always greener", I suppose.
I keep telling myself that the LR has some nice things about it, but I can't help but long for those quicker 0-60 times.
LR is the best config for range hands down. AWD isn’t terrible but gets super thirsty at higher speeds.

Did anyone ordered the Martian Wheels MW03 in 19x9.5" +45 offset for their Model Y? Site specs are 19.5 lbs but I weighed them at 23 lbs. This is 3.5 lbs and much more than I was expecting. So strange and disappointed as I bought them for the weight saving performance.
Wow...that’s really wrong. Been following this thread and saw a few posts on missed weights but 3.5lbs?!?? That seriously false advertising and deception. Only @SignatureSales truely post weights and you get what you paid for. I’m ordering a set bc they have different styles, offset, and fit and finish what you expect. Go look at their thread and nothing is hidden. What’s the point of buying forged if you aren’t getting what you want?

Vendor - Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Fitment Q&A Thread

Reactions: Atraf
Status
Not open for further replies.