Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not true. I followd the transport, and they were shipped form the Martian adres in the US. They do the quality checks, finishing, painting, hubcabs and installation of pressure sensors themselves.
I was dissapointed in them as well, because of the very long lead time. But you cannot declare falsehoods. They are really high quality wheels. Better looking also compared to the angular sharp machined designs that most aftermarked shops sell.

They buy a pallet of wheels from China, then reship them as individual sets from their location.

Reactions: scarpiamod3
This is not true. I followd the transport, and they were shipped form the Martian adres in the US. They do the quality checks, finishing, painting, hubcabs and installation of pressure sensors themselves.
I was dissapointed in them as well, because of the very long lead time. But you cannot declare falsehoods. They are really high quality wheels. Better looking also compared to the angular sharp machined designs that most aftermarked shops sell.

I didn't "declare a falsehood" I speculated off of the information given. That's why i said "probably" not definitely.

I never said that these are cheap or poorly made. I am sure they are made very well and look very good, they are nice wheels.

What I was pointing out was that martian is having them made in china, and passing them off as the affordable option when people can get them for 50% less by going to the manufacturer. Sam1 pointed out correctly that they are going to martian on a pallet, reducing shipping costs for them.

I'm pointing this out so that people can look at all their options when buying expensive parts for their car.

Last edited:
Martian lied about the weight, wonder what’s next :rolleyes:... This reminds me the Speedwell wheel few months back, came out of no where (wheels are made in China) but people buy them because they are cheap, light and it’s “forged”. Ending up the wheel is not as light as they advertised.. Soon enough, the company went under without notice and those wheels are pretty much worthless. What’s even worth is that the people who rock those wheels has zero support if anything happens to their wheels.

A new company start off with lies are never a good sign...

@scarpiamod3; But still you said "So they are blind selling the wheels from a factory." which is not true. Forged wheels 100% produces in the USA (or Europe) are $1000+ each. So then these Martians are good value at $500. Also true that you can find forged wheels directly form China for much less, $250 / $300. It is a little bit of a gamble but it can work out well. I followed Sam1's tread also. Was also an option for me, but I'm glad I stick with Martian. They look much better. The machined wheels always look a bit cheap and aftermarket imho.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
20200907_152114.jpg

Reactions: Atraf and SigNC
If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears...

bathroom scale is fine. That's what I used. What I did was first weigh myself. Then I weigh myself again carrying some dumbbells with the weight marked so I can measure if the bathroom scale was accurate enough. Finally I weigh myself carrying the wheels and did the math to subtract my own weight to get the wheels weight. I find this works better than trying to balance just the wheels directly on the scale as not as consistent numbers. I also weight my set of wheels with the foam protectors and without. No difference really as the foam is super light.

From what I'm reading, aside from the "wait" to actually receive the rims, all that have ordered have been very happy with there choice. We got owners who track their vehicle to just daily drivers who all love their Martian wheels. I can't wait to get my custom 20" square setup MW03s to replace the Uberturbines on my Model Y Performance!

From what I'm reading, aside from the "wait" to actually receive the rims, all that have ordered have been very happy with there choice. We got owners who track their vehicle to just daily drivers who all love their Martian wheels. I can't wait to get my custom 20" square setup MW03s to replace the Uberturbines on my Model Y Performance!

Yeah I think other than the weight issue (which is still an issue), the only major problem seen in this thread was the guy that had such a large amount of runout on one of the wheels, you could easily see it in his video.

Yeah I think other than the weight issue (which is still an issue), the only major problem seen in this thread was the guy that had such a large amount of runout on one of the wheels, you could easily see it in his video.

I didn't see that thread about the runout. Not sure I understand. What exactly was the issue and do you have a link to the thread video?

Status
Not open for further replies.