Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels order delay for 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yet a famous YouTuber is still pushing Martian wheels and claims he has some coming.
I also just got this e-mail and checked with Drew (because I also got UPS notification on May 13th) and he said they are really shipping this time.
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 3.57.20 PM.png

Reactions: gtshoward and phung
I also got both a message from MW and also from UPS that my wheels have shipped. UPS tracking shows arrival Wednesday. 18-inch satin black MW03s, order 2405.
They arrived a day earlier than originally scheduled. These were ordered Feb 10, so about 5 months to arrive. I can finally swap out my winter wheels.
I'll post a photo once they're on the car. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon, too.

Martian.jpg

Reactions: Fourdoor and phung
Finally got mine on Wed (20 x 8.5) and installed tires on Friday with Michelin Crossclimate 2 255/45/20 from Costco.
View attachment 826567
View attachment 826568

Very nice. I really like the look of the side walls on those tires. It makes it look lower profile, which is neat for a 255/45/20. How's the ride quality? Noise level? Handling? I've been toying with idea of potentially getting my tires are Costco as well.

How has communication been with Martian Wheels about the delays or in general? I've sent them multiple emails with questions about sizing, availability, etc and not response in almost a week. Not exactly confidence inspiring if they can't even answer sales emails.

Very nice. I really like the look of the side walls on those tires. It makes it look lower profile, which is neat for a 255/45/20. How's the ride quality? Noise level? Handling? I've been toying with idea of potentially getting my tires are Costco as well.
Ride quality is good. Bouncier for sure. I don’t really notice any noise difference, but for now I do see efficiency at around 295-310 wh/mi, which is on the high side. Probably the tires are still new so will have to see. I am very happy with the wheels for the look and extra protection. :)

Reactions: unlock
How did you pop out the wheel center cap? Any easy and smart way to do it without scratching the wheel like I did trying to use a pocket knife. :(
Great question, because they are tight. I came at them from the back (before installing them) by placing the handle of a large screwdriver in their center and hitting the screwdriver with a rubber mallet. They popped out like a charm.

Lurking on this thread for a while. Ordered my 19” satin black MW03s in April. They arrived today (after being delivered to the wrong address). So glad to finally have them. Can’t wait to get them put on!! The delays were a bit stressful, but I’m super happy with the way they look.

Reactions: Grayscale