Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels order delay for 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have any updates? I’m just now finding this thread a week after ordering my 18 ichers off Martian, just sent an email asking what their situation was like lmao, can’t tell if I should bail while I can and get tsportlines or wait

Here is the reply you will receive:

"Hi insert name here,

We had delays for older orders, but that is over. The expectation for your wheels is that they will ship to you around the end of insert date two months from now here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,"

It is a form letter full of BS.

Keith

Reactions: Yay Obamacare
Here is the reply you will receive:

"Hi insert name here,

We had delays for older orders, but that is over. The expectation for your wheels is that they will ship to you around the end of insert date two months from now here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,"

It is a form letter full of BS.

Keith
Damn, I was hoping to get them from martian instead of TSportline but it seems i might just need to go back to tsportline. I already have a set of them for my all season tires, was gonna use martians with my newly bought summers. TSports are great but they arent very well made, every wheel ive gotten from them needs a shitload of wheel weights to balance out, hopefully mine was a fluke or something

Damn, I was hoping to get them from martian instead of TSportline but it seems i might just need to go back to tsportline. I already have a set of them for my all season tires, was gonna use martians with my newly bought summers. TSports are great but they arent very well made, every wheel ive gotten from them needs a shitload of wheel weights to balance out, hopefully mine was a fluke or something
Did you get the same form letter e-mail?

I should have realized it was a lie from jump. When a company says "We had delays... but that is over" but they give a vague "the expectation for... two months from now" That means they have zero product in stock and no time line for getting their product.

Keith

Did you get the same form letter e-mail?

I should have realized it was a lie from jump. When a company says "We had delays... but that is over" but they give a vague "the expectation for... two months from now" That means they have zero product in stock and no time line for getting their product.

Keith
He responded to my email saying

I'm sorry to hear that. Others' experiences have no effect on the ETA for your particular wheels - the ETA stated of the end of July at the latest will happen. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you,
I think its a load of BS, wh woudnt it have an effect? Theyre the same wheels

Sigh… I called Tsportsline last week asking if there’s any sales coming up; best they can offer to me is free shipping since I am in a California also. I also sent an email inquiry to Martian Wheels today and this is the reply. I am being asked to be “sympathetic” to the situation…

We're very sorry for the continued delays - the ETAs we've given in the past have been our best guesses at the time, based on the ETAs we have been given by our logistics partners. It has been incredibly challenging for them, us, and our customers (as well as those in just about every other industry). So, we ask that you be sympathetic to this situation. If you can't wait, that's completely understandable. But if you can, then we will let you know once they are on the way.

Reactions: gtshoward
Hey ya'll - I was order 2495, ordered March 23. Called Drew today and after 13 tries he picked up. He said the next date for model y 19x9.5 was late July. I asked what the deal was and he said they're sitting in a port in California. I asked why multiple other times he's told me they will be coming later in the next week or at the end of April/May or Mid June, and he said its just how it works and the shippers change things around on his company because its small. I asked if he could provide me with any email or document from the shipping company to back up all these previous updates since he says he always passes along what he gets from them, but he said it was private. I asked for a redacted form with just the shipper name and date, not even Martian Wheels on the paper, and he said no. I asked when the last time they shipped model Y wheels was and he said he couldn't tell me that. He asked if I wanted a refund and I was like dude I just want the wheels I've been waiting for 3+ months for - give me something to go on here that the July date is legit. He said just have to trust, so I said ok cool have a good one. Get off the phone and immediately get a text with an order cancellation that I didn't request. Personally, I think the wheels are massively delayed and he just strings people along in hopes to not lose order $. The fact that he couldn't answer a single of my basic questions around the operation of his business seems very shady. Hope everyone else has better luck, but personally, I'm glad to be done with the false hope and constant waiting. Hope Drew did something profitable for his company with the free 2500 loan I gave him for 3 months. I will say - if you start to lose patience and ask this guy basic questions around his business, you should probably expect your order to be cancelled as well.

Hey ya'll - I was order 2495, ordered March 23. Called Drew today and after 13 tries he picked up. He said the next date for model y 19x9.5 was late July. I asked what the deal was and he said they're sitting in a port in California. I asked why multiple other times he's told me they will be coming later in the next week or at the end of April/May or Mid June, and he said its just how it works and the shippers change things around on his company because its small. I asked if he could provide me with any email or document from the shipping company to back up all these previous updates since he says he always passes along what he gets from them, but he said it was private. I asked for a redacted form with just the shipper name and date, not even Martian Wheels on the paper, and he said no. I asked when the last time they shipped model Y wheels was and he said he couldn't tell me that. He asked if I wanted a refund and I was like dude I just want the wheels I've been waiting for 3+ months for - give me something to go on here that the July date is legit. He said just have to trust, so I said ok cool have a good one. Get off the phone and immediately get a text with an order cancellation that I didn't request. Personally, I think the wheels are massively delayed and he just strings people along in hopes to not lose order $. The fact that he couldn't answer a single of my basic questions around the operation of his business seems very shady. Hope everyone else has better luck, but personally, I'm glad to be done with the false hope and constant waiting. Hope Drew did something profitable for his company with the free 2500 loan I gave him for 3 months. I will say - if you start to lose patience and ask this guy basic questions around his business, you should probably expect your order to be cancelled as well.
I was certain people got their wheels by now. I'm glad we got our refund processed but it was such a pain in the butt to get it. He is giving a song and dance tbh. I've been in wheel importation for over 2 decades and still get containers in. I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes because his container cannot be at port for 2-3 months. If it is then it's incurring so many storage fees it might all be scrap metal at this point.

Sigh… I called Tsportsline last week asking if there’s any sales coming up; best they can offer to me is free shipping since I am in a California also. I also sent an email inquiry to Martian Wheels today and this is the reply. I am being asked to be “sympathetic” to the situation…

We're very sorry for the continued delays - the ETAs we've given in the past have been our best guesses at the time, based on the ETAs we have been given by our logistics partners. It has been incredibly challenging for them, us, and our customers (as well as those in just about every other industry). So, we ask that you be sympathetic to this situation. If you can't wait, that's completely understandable. But if you can, then we will let you know once they are on the way.
Stop on by my office. I am sure I can find something for you.

Very very curious if end of July will be the end to this whole debacle

Every time Kyle mentions them in a video, I comment on the fact that the only people on the planet able to get Martian wheels for their cars are Drew (the owner of Martian wheels) and YouTube influencers.

Keith
I just saw that model s video today, first thing was hey those are the wheels I ordered, how the heck did you get it?

also, tsportline is having a July 4th sale currently if you’re still shopping around, 10% and free shipping

Not sure if I am dreaming, but just got a text and an email on shipment label has been created… funny thing and I swear to god… I just blew a right front tire last night due to a freaking bad pothole on freeway. Cost me $560 to get the tire replaced and most likely getting the rim fix..

And I almost bite on TSportsline July 4th and about to pull the trigger… I hope this is not a trick of getting people from cancelling orders. I will keep my fingers crossed.

A52E017F-2F42-48B2-B85A-2A8588E3F313.jpeg