Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a word of advice for anyone purchasing this set. The lug nuts from stock do not fit regardless of what the website promises. The tire shop had an option to make it fit, but I went with black lug nuts to match the rim. The car looks great!

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_085625.jpg
    IMG_20200713_085625.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 763
Thanks for the post. Looks great. I'm assuming that is the Satin Black?
I have a White on White Performance and was looking at the Martians to replace my uberturbines. Did you replace Gemini or Inductions? Notice any difference in performance or range, or too early to tell?

Reactions: Kelr316
Just a word of advice for anyone purchasing this set. The lug nuts from stock do not fit regardless of what the website promises. The tire shop had an option to make it fit, but I went with black lug nuts to match the rim. The car looks great!

Looks good! My gunmetal martians arrived in the mail yesterday. Where did you buy the lug nuts from?

Last edited:
Apparently the tire shop didn't have the right socket. Stock ones should fit!

After all is said and done here, would you mind clarifying what does and does not fit in regards to the Martian Wheels MW03 wheelset on the Model Y? It seems like the lug nuts do indeed fit but maybe it requires a very narrow-walled socket to fit into the wheel's stud well?

After all is said and done here, would you mind clarifying what does and does not fit in regards to the Martian Wheels MW03 wheelset on the Model Y? It seems like the lug nuts do indeed fit but maybe it requires a very narrow-walled socket to fit into the wheel's stud well?

I don't really know myself. From my understanding is that the stock lug nuts fit, but America's tire didn't have the tool socket to tighten it. So they had to use the ones they had. The socket they had was thick walled apparently.

Thinking about getting these myself. How long did they take to get too you once you ordered them? I will be replacing the 19 inch gemini's on mine. No other issues besides the lug nuts from american tire?

Does anyone know what tire sizes I should be looking at for the 19x8.5” rims? Trying to research what tires I could pair these with.

The stock tire size of 255-45R19 should fit the 8.5 inch width from most tire options that are currently available. I would think you'd want to stay with the stock size to give the rim some more protection from curb rash compared to the Tesla rims anyway, right?!

The stock tire size of 255-45R19 should fit the 8.5 inch width from most tire options that are currently available. I would think you'd want to stay with the stock size to give the rim some more protection from curb rash compared to the Tesla rims anyway, right?!

I actually had someone help me in another thread and I think I’m going to go with 245/45/19 Michelin Sport 4 All Seasons. It’s about a $40 savings/tires from getting the 255s.