Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed my 19” Martian wheels with continental tires. Much lighter than the 21”.
91316CDF-1A5C-4EB0-97AE-F0691A473E40.jpeg
CA415C73-2214-4B44-9594-B84ACA602182.jpeg
2138BFB8-CFCC-4FE6-9587-AAC86FAC3FE1.jpeg

looks great! I love the Martian wheel for the MY. You dropped over 10lbs on the wheel alone at each corner. This will improve the ride, handling and efficiency. Between the 10+lbs on the wheel and the weight saving on the tire, you should feel a difference. congrats!

I am really curious how these aftermarket wheels do efficiency wise. Some reports show the 21" wheels while heavy are extremely efficient (Aero Dynamic) making them just as good as 19" or 20" aftermarket wheels that have poor aero. Its made me double think if I will replace them or not, if I do, they would have to be some efficient design, like the 20" factory wheels maybe (or 3rd party equivalent)

Reactions: CuriousWren
To set your wheels... Hit the car settings icon>Service>Wheel Configuration

BUT that seems to be only on my Model 3. Our Model Y doesn't seem to have the wheel configuration button at least on version 2020.28.6... I'll let you know if that changes when I install 32.3 on the Model Y

• Informative
Reactions: WattTheHeck
I don’t understand, this is the second performance car I’ve seen switch from 21s down to 19s. The overall diameter should be the same (just more tire and less wheel) but the vehicles look drastically lower. Could you measure the ground clearance with that? It looks almost less than a standard Model 3. I was hoping to switch to the Y to gain AWD over my 3 and a smidge better ground clearance for winter snow... but a Performance actually looks like I might have LESS ground clearance than the ~5 inch with the 3...