Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels?

How long did you wait for your Martian wheels?

• I waited 12 months or more and finally received them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I waited 6 months and finally received them.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I waited 3 months and finally received them.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have been waiting 12 months or more and still have not received them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have been waiting 6 months and still have not received them.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have been waiting 3 months and still have not received them.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I gave up and cancelled my order

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The poll has two sections, if you received your wheels respond with one of the first 3 responses, if you are still waiting respond with one of the last 3 responses. The last response is if you got disgusted and gave up... please post your time line below!

Keith

I realize this isn't the data you're looking for but just in case it indicates when the backlog started:

When I ordered my MW05's, the page indicated that there was a several month delay but they showed up a week later, much to my surprise and almost 2 months before I even got my car.

Ordered: November 26th, 2021
Delivered: December 1st, 2021

I advise everyone to heed the warnings and stay clear of this company.

Today I finally tapped out and canceled my order. They are lying to people.

- Ordered 2/12. Stated delivery window late March/April. Okay, NBD.
- 3/14 get email saying they expect wheels to ship week of April 18 and do I want to continue. Sure, NBD.
- 4/22 I email to say what’s up. Drew says they’ll start processing back orders the week of 4/25-4/29. Sure, NBD.
- I call 5/10 and speak to Drew and let him know I’ve received orders to deploy on 1 June ans ask if this is going to be an issue. “oh yeah, we’re running behind. You are up next in the queue and your wheels will go out 5/16 or 5/17. You’ll be fine, they will be there before the 1st.”
- Leave message on 5/20 and send email basically saying we are danger close to 1 June, WTF?
- Get generic email on 5/20 making excuses for supply chain problems and saying issue has been resolved. But, they offer a refund. So, nothing has been resolved.

My take, they clearly lied about having the wheels on hand. And the only reason they offered a refund was because they know there is no way they can make the 1 June date. I’m not sure I’d go so far to say that this is their business model, to get interest free capital to fund their start up. But, that appears to be what is happening.

I ordered the 19" MW05 on April 30 and received them July 8
1657406060867.png

Ordered 02/04/2022: Tesla Model Y 18" MW03 Forged Wheels - 18 x 8.5" +35 / Silver / Estimated Delivery: Mid-February. With many supply chain issues experienced worldwide, Martian Wheels stayed in communication with me, and I waited. They are the best forged, high load rated wheels out there for Tesla's, IMO. Worth the wait, delivered July 6th. Placed on my MYP July 8th. A happy customer during trying times...

Ordered 02/04/2022: Tesla Model Y 18" MW03 Forged Wheels - 18 x 8.5" +35 / Silver / Estimated Delivery: Mid-February. With many supply chain issues experienced worldwide, Martian Wheels stayed in communication with me, and I waited. They are the best forged, high load rated wheels out there for Tesla's, IMO. Worth the wait, delivered July 6th. Placed on my MYP July 8th. A happy customer during trying times...
Any pics on your performance? I’m debating as well on mine. Thoughts on comfort, range, and what tires you selected?

Reactions: DIRKULA
Any pics on your performance? I’m debating as well on mine. Thoughts on comfort, range, and what tires you selected?
As far as performance, I only had them on my MYP for 5 days with mostly short stop and start trips around town. So hard to really get a feel for the Martian 18 inchers. That said, as a comparison my 21-inch Uberturbines from delivery day to removal averaged 266 Wh/mi. (I do drive like a grandpa). Looking forward to how the new wheels perform. If I had to guess based on the brief time I have driven, projecting around 257 Wh/mi. I really like the look and the extra rubber between the wheel and road. First impressions are, smoother ride with less road surface feedback/noise, and lighter/faster at takeoff from dead stops. As far as tires are concerned, after research on tires that would meet both load and speed ratings, I chose the Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3. Needed an XL due to planned towing and the Martian wheels have a load rating of 1000 kg.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-11 123602.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-11 123602.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20220708_133003 (1).jpg
    20220708_133003 (1).jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220706_162437.jpg
    20220706_162437.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: MayorSexyTown
What size tire you running on the 18s? I’d like to try and find a size that had really low rolling resistance. My parents live about 200 miles away and more range would be appreciated hauling family down to see them.

Thanks!

I’m also working on getting Wall Connector setup running full 60 amps. That’ll help with range anxiety too with how quickly I’ll be able to juice back up.

Reactions: DIRKULA
Decided on Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3: 235/55R18. Mostly due to rating on less road noise, load rating XL (max 1984 lbs.) and speed rating of 104V. Purchased on Amazon and had the amazon link to tire center take delivery and mount to my MYP. Best of luck with the Wall Connector project, sounds like a mini tesla supercharger...

Reactions: MayorSexyTown