Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martin and Earth Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that happen to be in the Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, area on April 24, Martin will be a speaker at the University of Illinois' Earth Day Celebration. He will be speaking at 6:00 pm at Loomis Lab. The title of his talk is "Doing Something Worthwhile."

Thanks for the notice, Carolyn. Unfortunately, it's not enough notice for me to get back to my hometown of Champaign before Martin's talk. Looks like the weather will be interesting for his visit there - T-Storms predicted. One of the things that I do miss by living in the Pacific NW is a thunder boomer rolling through. Has Martin been back to the UofI in the past few years? There's been a lot of new Engineering buildings that have gone up, including a nice looking Engineering Quad area, north of Springfield Ave. It looks a lot better than when I lived there, and Martin was a student there! CampusTown has undergone a complete rennovation; he'll hardly recognize the place. Gee, I think I'm a little homesick now. :)

-Dave

Neither one of us have been back to Champaign since 2004 when we were there to settle the last of my parent's estate. A lot has changed since we left, but luckily Murphy's Pub was still there waiting for us with a cold beer.

We are returning in September when Martin picks up an Alumni award. I am looking forward to that! Plus we have a couple of nieces, nephews, and other family members that we need to see while we are in town.

So close, I will be driving through tomorrow but will not be around at 6pm. Disappointing to be so close and not get to hear him speak. On the other hand if you aren't doing anything for lunch then let me know. ;)