Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mary Barra, what is going through your mind right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

If you go on twitter and are scrolling through #Model3 Ford has a promoted campaign where they show a butt fugly Fusion looking thing plugged in, saying you don't have to wait to get it.

Well, yea, of course you don't have to wait.....

NO ONE WANTS ONE.

I've been trolling them back, because I figure the poor Ford Social Media rep needed something to do today.

GM response: Hey Tesla fans, our car is only $30k and it has over 200 miles of range, but it's going to be available at the end of this year! No Waiting!

...of course, zero mention of the supercharger network, the molasses-like maximum charging speed of the Bolt on CCS, the $15k clone with an EV drivetrain and small touchscreen, or the horrid dealer network you'll have to go through first.

I wonder how long it'll take for competitors to realize that they're completely missing the point on why people like Tesla EVs, even when said competitors actually do try to make a good vehicle.

She's feeling pretty smug that her affordable, 200 mile EV will hit the market 18-24 months before the 3. Yeah, no doubt the three will be a better car, but it's a great head start for them. They'll have Bolt revision 2 out before the three
They way they designed the Bolt launch was obviously as a "first" over Tesla, but seeing the recent reservation activity for the Model 3, I don't think it is that significant. Tesla is getting people committed to waiting for the Model 3.

I don't think the intersection between the two vehicles is that big either. I think most people are expecting the Model 3 to look very different than the Bolt. Can't wait for the unveiling tonight.

Reactions: Red Sage and GSP
I don't think the intersection between the two vehicles is that big either.

I agree with you which is why I don't understand most of the posts in this thread. I want EVs to be wildly successful. I want the Bolt to be wildly successful (even though I know many at GM and their dealers will try to kill it) - it isnt really a competitor to the 3 so why all the hate?