Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mary Barra, what is going through your mind right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dan Detweiler said:
Just because they are doing something in a manner that is different from the traditional way of doing things shouldn't limit my access to make the choice to do it that way.

Tip of the iceberg.
When a weak nanny state meets smart business people, their really is no limit to how they will limit your access to choices.

The Code of Federal Regulations is 81,000 pages - I don't know how long each of the States regulations add up to.

Want to make the choice to buy lemonade from a kid in Maryland? Well, they better have a trade license.
Want to buy crayons in Colorado? The seller must comply with the law about how many must be in each box.
Want to buy cooled sodas in a liquor store in Indiana? No can do. Against the law.
Want you and three of your friends to wear a mask to a protest in NY? Illegal.
Pay someone to put makeup on you in Florida? They need a license.

Fun reading: The Cumulative Cost of Regulations | Mercatus

Reactions: dhrivnak
Interesting and aligns with my point Vs fanboys: people are not averages; they tend to make rational decisions that match their driving routines

Exactly. When last July my Saturn turned out to be too tired to last until my M3, I built a spread sheet to compare used Corolla, Prius-C, and Volt. My 90 mile round trip commute isn't average and I already had taken a MS test drive :) My used Prius-C helps build my M3 fund while l wait 'patiently' for my 'reserved' M3 on the east coast. I am already planning some future electric road trips...

I believe rather firmly that the Tesla Model ☰ will usher in the Return of the American Road Trip. The signs are already there. The Model S and Model X already inspire people to drive more often. It isn't just curiosity over using the Supercharger network. It is the experience of driving the cars themselves. And, yes... To some extent, it is the inherent fear of having to get an ICE rental car upon arriving at one's destination by plane.

:D

Count me in on one who looks forward to road trips in his Model 3. I've made long road trips in pickup trucks, SUVs, and sedans, and sedans are by far the most comfortable vehicle for eating up miles of road. My current hybrid sedan wins here for the moment in that it is quiet, has a good ride, and when in EV mode it does a passable impersonation of a full EV car. I've driven other vehicles that after several miles on the road would have me looking longingly at passing cars that just had to be more comfortable and less of a beat-down to drive than what I was in.

The only drawback to sedans I have, at six feet four inches tall, is getting out of one. Kind of a long climb up. Price to pay for all the other things I enjoy and look forward to all perhaps enhanced with Model 3.

I believe rather firmly that the Tesla Model ☰ will usher in the Return of the American Road Trip. The signs are already there. The Model S and Model X already inspire people to drive more often. It isn't just curiosity over using the Supercharger network. It is the experience of driving the cars themselves. And, yes... To some extent, it is the inherent fear of having to get an ICE rental car upon arriving at one's destination by plane.

:D
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love road trips and am SO looking forward to taking my 3 all over the continent. Between the silent ride and the AP I think it's going to be the best touring machine I've ever had by a longshot. Although I've always been a mile-eating marathoner behind the wheel I'm even kinda looking forward to the regular breaks at the SCs. So many Model S travel stories speak to how much healthier it is to get out every few hours to move around and most say they arrive much more refreshed and energetic. Plus there's the whole community meet n greet aspect at the chargers. Can't wait!

Reactions: Red Sage
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love road trips and am SO looking forward to taking my 3 all over the continent. Between the silent ride and the AP I think it's going to be the best touring machine I've ever had by a longshot. Although I've always been a mile-eating marathoner behind the wheel I'm even kinda looking forward to the regular breaks at the SCs. So many Model S travel stories speak to how much healthier it is to get out every few hours to move around and most say they arrive much more refreshed and energetic. Plus there's the whole community meet n greet aspect at the chargers. Can't wait!

+ 1 here as well. My wife and I enjoy road trips up to Yosemite and the Sierras. They recently completed the supercharger route up that way so we will be able to enjoy nature in a perfectly quiet, clean, and sexy car (with huge windows to see everything). It's going to be a lot of fun!

Reactions: Red Sage