Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Car Owners: Did a flat repair kit come with your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an online discussion, I saw another Maryland Tesla owner mention that his car came with the flat repair/inflator (the one on in the Tesla store) *as required by law.* I didn't get one, and I don't think anyone at the service center/showroom was aware it should have been included.

I did some digging and found the relevant 2013 Maryland law:

§ 22-405 - 3. Spare tires
If a new Class A (passenger) or Class M (multipurpose) motor vehicle is sold in this State, the manufacturer shall equip the motor vehicle with a spare tire that conforms with the requirements in § 22-405 of this subtitle, unless:
(1) The tire-wheel system of the motor vehicle provides a run-flat capability by which a partially inflated driving surface becomes available in the event of a tire failure;
(2) The motor vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed temporary tire repair and inflation system; or
(3) Technological improvements, consistent with applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards, become available.

Having already purchased the inflator, I've now asked for a refund from the Tesla store. We'll see how that goes. But I thought I'd ask here to see if this is something that was overlooked for many of us MD owners, or if I was just unlucky.