Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Deliveries - did you get a tire repair kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a new Y at the Rockville, MD service center yesterday. I didn't notice it during pickup (because I was preoccupied with the front right door being so misaligned that the paint is rubbing off where it is hitting the front quarter panel) but last night I realized I didn't have a tire repair kit in the car. I checked this morning with another forum user who picked up his Y at the same time and he didn't receive one either. In my service request to get the door fixed I asked about the kit and they said 'If you did not receive a tire inflation kit at Delivery, we will provide one when you come in'.

If I hadn't read on this forum that Maryland required the repair kits I wouldn't have known I was missing anything. My Model 3, picked up in Rockville in December 2020 did have the kit, but I probably would have assumed they just stopped providing them since then. I wonder how many other buyers picking up in Rockville or other SC's in Maryland also didn't receive the kit at pickup. It seems like a really odd oversight since every car they've ever sold in the state should have had one.

Yup the kit was in my car, also picked up in Rockville (in July). Maybe they put your new one in the frunk or in one of the under-trunk spaces? If not, I would create a service ticket for it. Then again, since you've already owned a Tesla before, I'm guessing you did the full walkthrough...

You're right though - this should be identified as a to-be-delivered item if they're not in-stock at the moment.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
I checked this morning with another forum user who picked up his Y at the same time and he didn't receive one either.

That would be me (our twins were parked next to each other). I created a service request this morning that was only for this, but have not heard back. Since I have no reason to go in, im ok with them mailing it to me.

Rockville was crazy yesterday. Lot of cars going out, mainly MYs. And one MX was being towed in as I was coming down Rockville Pike. I’m hoping that’s not a bad omen. 😀

I got an answer when they finished the service today to adjust my door alignment. They said they ran out and had more on order and that they'd be reaching out to the affected buyers once more come in. Given that they weren't communicating this to buyers at the time of delivery and that yesterday while scheduling service they were saying I could pick one up today, it seems like the end of quarter rush has them a little overwhelmed.

I got an answer when they finished the service today to adjust my door alignment. They said they ran out and had more on order and that they'd be reaching out to the affected buyers once more come in. Given that they weren't communicating this to buyers at the time of delivery and that yesterday while scheduling service they were saying I could pick one up today, it seems like the end of quarter rush has them a little overwhelmed.

I got the same response today to my request, except they told me they were 1-2 weeks away from getting more.

I asked if they could just send them to us since they are available on their website.