Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If superchargers were placed only where there are 24 hour services available, that would severely limit the location choices, and probably be places we wouldn't want to spend an hour during the day. You can always stop somewhere else to use the bathroom.

You must not have young kids :wink:
I would imagine as the number of EV's on the road increases, the services available 24-7 in areas with charging will also improve

Last edited:
If superchargers were placed only where there are 24 hour services available, that would severely limit the location choices, and probably be places we wouldn't want to spend an hour during the day. You can always stop somewhere else to use the bathroom.

I would also think that in the future as usage increases someone will notice that there are customers spending 1 hour doing nothing and open their services for longer periods of time. If I am stopping for an hour, I am GOING to spend money on SOMETHiNG... Just saying.

Hagerstown was painted with white lines probably on Friday. Thursday morning there were none. Then Saturday evening when we stopped there were lines. However they are still not quite right as I couldn't center between the lines to use the cable.

ypy5emyp.jpg

Exactly. One should park with the corner of the car by the charger, not centered, since it's a short cable. The lines look wrong, but are right. Er, correct.

Backing into a Supercharger can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it. I back in with the "Tesla Parking" sign centered in the rear camera and and looking out the back. Using the white line on your left is also a good alignment reference. For how far to back up, use the rear view camera. Things at ground level just beyond the bumper are only an inch or so beyond the bumper. If you back up until the curb is almost out of sight under the bumper as seen through the camera, you are at a perfect distance from the curb for plugging in.

Keep grabbing those Joules for your jewel! :wink:

Coming Soon map just added a new dot!
dot.PNG

Looks like about halfway between Baltimore and DC, maybe the Laurel area? I think Tesla took my suggestion to heart :) I swear somewhere around these forums I made mention that because DC is such a huge travel hub that they should leave the Bethesda charger to cover coming from the east, the Woodbridge from the south, and then all that was missing was something from the north.

In any case, if anyone has any info, or lives near by, I would ask you keep your eye out between Beltsville, Laurel, Bowie area to get a charger soon!

Coming Soon map just added a new dot!
View attachment 56004
Looks like about halfway between Baltimore and DC, maybe the Laurel area? I think Tesla took my suggestion to heart :) I swear somewhere around these forums I made mention that because DC is such a huge travel hub that they should leave the Bethesda charger to cover coming from the east, the Woodbridge from the south, and then all that was missing was something from the north.

In any case, if anyone has any info, or lives near by, I would ask you keep your eye out between Beltsville, Laurel, Bowie area to get a charger soon!

Didn't that pop up on the revision a few weeks ago?

My bet is Arundel Mills, since it's also a Simon property and since that location seems well-suited for a Supercharger.

If it did first I noticed and hadn't seen anyone else mention it. Glad you have some info on the area, not really a part I am as familiar with :)

No real inside info--just a guess based on where they've sited others. The only hesitation I have about Arundel Mills is that it's off the BW Parkway, rather than 95. It's a pleasant route into the city and faster than 95 as long as there isn't traffic...but there's usually traffic, since it's only two lanes each way.

I continue to hear that Savage Mill is expecting to have eight Superchargers installed by the end of the year. I've heard this from a good source as recently as today.

However, to complicate things a little bit about the exact location, the owner of MOM's Market is saying that Tesla approached him about putting Superchargers at his store in Jessup just off of I-95 on Route 175. But he said that the decision is ultimately up to his landlord and he is under the impression that negotiations are ongoing. Each of those two locations have their pros and cons. The MOM's parking lot in Jessup is much closer to I-95 and has more amenities. Savage Mill is a few miles off the Interstate exit but has plenty of space.

I have a close watch on electrical permits being issued by the County. :)

Lanny

So I get to Hagerstown today and what do I see?

a7emypa6.jpg

So I take a closer look and I also see this!

adyhy9e4.jpg

As I was walking away he was walking over to his truck and he said "Oh, did I block you?" I told him "No, plenty or room, but your about to get towed, you are also pretty disrespectful."

I was glad to see the warning at least. Towing on the spot would be better. One step at a time though. :)

Great to see Hagerstown taking care of the SC there :)

Btw, I heard that we may lose the temporary SC in Montgomery Mall - apparently, there's too much abuse, i.e. local people leaving the car there for hours. I know bad manners are inevitable, but for probably the 874,463rd time it's been mentioned on this forum - it would be nice if we could figure out a constructive way to encourage, if not enforce, some civility in charging etiquette.