Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The dot in the "Coming Soon" Supercharger map between DC and Baltimore that chickensevil had captured is now gone and shows in 2015 instead. This confirms what I've heard that the Superchargers are not going to be at Savage Mill. It was nixed a few weeks ago according to the person I spoke with. Sorry to bring the bad news. :-(

savagemill.png

Lanny

The dot in the "Coming Soon" Supercharger map between DC and Baltimore that chickensevil had captured is now gone and shows in 2015 instead. This confirms what I've heard that the Superchargers are not going to be at Savage Mill. It was nixed a few weeks ago according to the person I spoke with. Sorry to bring the bad news. :-(

View attachment 66358

Lanny

Grrrrr.

I travel between Baltimore and NoVA regularly. I can normally make it there and back and around town on a single charge, but a SC off 95 would be very nice.

I am glad to see the Supercharger team allocating their much needed limited resources elsewhere at this time.

Given how much love they give to CA I am not so happy about it. We are one of the larger markets for them so you would think they would be showing us the love. NY and FL seem to get more love than we do and I find it hard to believe that we are behind those two markets. Everything I have heard places Rockville squarely as the number one site on the east coast for deliveries. *shrugs* hopefully we will see it soon rather than later.

I took these photos earlier this week of a spot that I think is plausible for the Supercharger station on the north end of the Towne Centre at Laurel near the Party City store.

I've not seen a permit issued yet.

Lanny

IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

Thanks for the update Lanny.

I'd prefer this SuperCharger to be a little closer to the Baltimore area especially with the Woodbridge and Bethesda locations in operation.

Perhaps in the area of the intersections of 95 / 695 / 295. This would provide access to Salisbury more easily with the ability to proceed to 97. Right now I think I'll have to take a detour to Delaware to make it to the Reach the Beach event from my house in Manchester, MD. My 60 should make it but I hate to chance it.

I have suggested to the team Laurel Park racetrack as an alternative in the area. I may be able to assist to get that site up and running quickly if Tesla chooses. There's plenty of space and the site is easily accessed from 95 and 295 almost dead center between Baltimore and DC.

<complaint>I cannot understand why Laurel, MD or a nearby location doesn't have a higher priority for a supercharger site. We were just down in DC and, considering that this is a wealthy and powerful area, the Supercharging options are really pretty awful IMHO. The Bethesda one is really not impressive at all and there really aren't any nearby alternatives. At a minimum the new Tyson's Corner service center should have one.</complaint> :cursing:

<complaint>I cannot understand why Laurel, MD or a nearby location doesn't have a higher priority for a supercharger site. We were just down in DC and, considering that this is a wealthy and powerful area, the Supercharging options are really pretty awful IMHO. The Bethesda one is really not impressive at all and there really aren't any nearby alternatives. At a minimum the new Tyson's Corner service center should have one.</complaint> :cursing:

The new Tyson's Corner center does have at least one--I saw it. But it's inside the building, and I don't know whether it's available for use to the public or if it's just for the cars they're servicing/delivering.

The new Tyson's Corner center does have at least one--I saw it. But it's inside the building, and I don't know whether it's available for use to the public or if it's just for the cars they're servicing/delivering.

Here's a photo of the Supercharger inside the Tysons service center. I'm pretty sure it is not for public use.

tysons-sc.jpg

Lanny