Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Tesla Owners...[2020 - question about tax credit]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voucher2002

"You can observe a lot by just watching"...YB
May 31, 2019
Round Rock, Texas
I purchased my Model 3 SR+ on June 8, 2019. I immediately completed and mailed the State of Maryland VR-334 form,"Excise Tax Credit Request for Plug-in Electric Vehicles" to the MVA. I know the funds had by that time already been depleted but I was told that my form would join the queue and would be processed in FY 21 (July 1, 2021) if and when additional funds were allocated. I just got off the phone with the MVA and was told that they have yet (if ever) to receive any FY 21 funds to begin processing the previously received rebate requests. Do any of you fellow Maryland Tesla owners have any information. Are any of you in the same empty boat with me. Thanks for any news. Curious am I.

c'mon people...throw me a crumb here.
First, no one here owes you a response - we're not all sitting around waiting for your question to come in.

But you may get might get a little more help in the New England regional area - that way you aren't limiting yourself to just Model 3 owners. I saw a couple of discussions about the Maryland rebate program, although neither were discussing your specific issue.

I bought a month before you, and am in the same boat.
A bill was being readied to be introduced to the state legislature to re-fund the program when Covid hit. Obviously, it's on the back burner now.
So don't hold your breath.
Thanks for your kind response. Still love the car and if the excise tax shows up it will be a “cherry on top “!

Reactions: AKinDC