Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marylanders: where did you go to secure financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen lots of threads for percentages, but without running my credit a million times through various online applications, it's hard to tell which ones service people who live in Maryland.

I'm preapproved for a 5% loan, but can certainly do better than that.

Who did you secure financing through?

John Hopkins Federal Credit Union. In addition to a low rate, they rebate 1% of the loan amount to you. I did the math, and even though they were a smidge higher than one other credit union (SECU) the 1% payment made it a better deal. Membership is semi-restricted but a lot of folks in this area are alumni and can join (or a spouse can join and then you can join)

Look into APL Federal Credit Union. If you live, work, go to school in Howard county or have a family member that is a member you are eligible. They do 1.99% on all terms short or long and new or used. They've been great.
Howard County Education federal credit union has 2% as well I believe. I think students in HoCo schools can be members, so I'm guessing that would expand to parents of students, but I don't know.