TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Maserati cuts output as demand slows for Ghibli, Quattroporte, union says

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by RobStark, Mar 18, 2015.

  1. RobStark

    RobStark Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2013
    Messages:
    2,918
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    AR-303179938.jpg




    These are the four door coupes in the $70k-$150k class.




    TURIN -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is cutting Maserati production as demand for the brand's luxury sports cars slows after record sales last year, according to a union at the automaker.

    The number of shifts at FCA's Grugliasco plant near Turin has been reduced to 10 a week from 12, a union official said. The plant builds the Maserati Ghibli and Quattroporte, which are the brand's best-sellers.


    "Fiat has told us that workers at the Grugliasco plant will be working for three weeks out of four up until July," said Federico Bellono, CGIL union leader in Turin. "The company is predicting production of about 30,000 to 35,000 cars at Grugliasco this year. I think it will be closer to 30,000,"

    Bellono toldAutomotive News Europe.
    The plant employs about 2,800 workers.

    FCA declined to comment on any changes in production.


    Maserati's global sales were up 137 percent to 36,448 last year, with the Ghibli accounting for 23,500 deliveries, followed by the Quattroporte with a volume of 9,500, according to a Jan. 12 press release.

    http://www.autonews.com/article/20150317/COPY01/303179938/maserati-cuts-output-as-demand-slows-for-ghibli-quattroporte-union
     
  2. bluenation

    bluenation Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2014
    Messages:
    381
    Location:
    vancouver
    the recent ghibli got lackluster reviews for not keeping with its ICE competitors

    not surprising.
     
  3. Kofi

    Kofi Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2014
    Messages:
    389
    Location:
    San Jose, CA
    Hellcat ordering suspended

    charger.jpg
    It looks like Mopar is picking up the slack for FCA

    According to reliable source oh2o, customers can no longer order the Hellcat Challenger or Charger, so that the factory can catch up on current orders.

    The lines are expected to re-open — in August. If production increases or current orders are cancelled, that date could move forward.

    As reported earlier, demand for the 707-horsepower cars has been above Dodge’s expectations. Before production, sources told Allpar that the company only planned to make around 5,000 of the highly customized engines per year; the cars themselves have many unique parts which may also present bottlenecks.

    The Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Dodge Charger Hellcat were both designed to be raced multiple times without cooling issues or power restrictions, which have helped them to compete on drag strips. The cars are docile in normal use but the large supercharger quickly pushes out record-setting quarter-mile times.


    http://allparnews.com/index.php/2015/03/hellcat-ordering-suspended-27994
     

Share This Page