Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mass Inspections near Peabody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont know if this helps..

I took it to Audi in danvers/peabody in my first inspection to be careful and someone suggested that.. the person had never seen or driven the Model 3 before and he took it for a drive and inspection, I didn't see what they did. So I was scared and was watching my car on the app whole time.. LOL. But finally i got the sticker and no damages/issues with the car so i thought the audi dealer was fine except the stress it caused me.

Now i just take it to a local repair shop in Malden because they do it in front of me so makes me feel more relaxed.

Reactions: BrianDS
I just got my car and a friend who has a Model 3 suggested this place:

Mass Inspections 712 Mystic Ave, Somerville, MA 02145

They are right off of 93, you can watch them do the inspection, they do inspections for big rigs, the guy knew how to drive the Model 3 without any instructions, and I was in and out in 15 minutes or less.

Dont know if this helps..

I took it to Audi in danvers/peabody in my first inspection to be careful and someone suggested that.. the person had never seen or driven the Model 3 before and he took it for a drive and inspection, I didn't see what they did. So I was scared and was watching my car on the app whole time.. LOL. But finally i got the sticker and no damages/issues with the car so i thought the audi dealer was fine except the stress it caused me.

Now i just take it to a local repair shop in Malden because they do it in front of me so makes me feel more relaxed.

No part of the inspections involve driving away with the car. He was doing it to personally check it out. I would be very upset

I went to High Street Service in Danvers
60 High St
Danvers, MA 01923
United States
The service tech did not want to drive my car. I got to stay in it and drive it into the garage.
Took 10 minutes. Only time I had to get out was for him to take a picture of the mileage.
Said he gets a lot of Tesla's. I was the second one that morning.

Reactions: ev2therescue
I went to High Street Service in Danvers
60 High St
Danvers, MA 01923
United States
The service tech did not want to drive my car. I got to stay in it and drive it into the garage.
Took 10 minutes. Only time I had to get out was for him to take a picture of the mileage.
Said he gets a lot of Tesla's. I was the second one that morning.

Do you think you got to stay in the car and drive it due to COVID precautions? Or if that's how High Street Service normally operates?

Thanks.

If you live near Sudbury, MA, go to the Mobile station at corner of Rt 20 & Union Ave. I got 2 stickers very quickly from them and they don't take the car for a joy ride. MA inspection requires jacking up the vehicle so make sure they do it in the correct spot to avoid battery case damage.

Does anyone know a good inspection location in Boston other than traveling to Somerville?

I still don't see why Tesla cannot get set up to do inspections. If Joe Smoe garage and gas station can do it, so can Tesla. I know that everybody says that service centers are too busy, but in my opinion offering state inspections is about as necessary as offering tire repair.
I think the reason SCs don't do inspections is profitability. Inspections consume a work-bay, require purchase of a $20K machine, and one trained mechanic. I suspect it's more profitable to do general repairs.

I still don't see why Tesla cannot get set up to do inspections. If Joe Smoe garage and gas station can do it, so can Tesla. I know that everybody says that service centers are too busy, but in my opinion offering state inspections is about as necessary as offering tire repair.
I think the reason SCs don't do inspections is profitability. Inspections consume a work-bay, require purchase of a $20K machine, and one trained mechanic. I suspect it's more profitable to do general repairs.
Tesla isn't certified to do inspections because it would require them to be capable of doing the inspections for ICEVs cars as well as EVs. And their service centers generally aren't designed to do such service on ICEVs safely. Nor are they generally allowed to service such cars under the terms of their local planning and use approvals. These are not trivial obstacles.

To be more specific, the service centers aren't set up to safely handle the car exhaust nor gasoline or oil spills/fumes. And in many cases, the planning and use approvals Tesla got in the process of opening up the service centers explicitly excluded providing service/repair work on ICEVs. In some cases, they could redesign/retrofit the capabilities into the service center structures and apply for expanded approvals but at many service centers this would be either impossible or pretty expensive for minuscule benefit.

• Informative
Reactions: ev2therescue
Tesla isn't certified to do inspections because it would require them to be capable of doing the inspections for ICEVs cars as well as EVs. And their service centers generally aren't designed to do such service on ICEVs safely. Nor are they generally allowed to service such cars under the terms of their local planning and use approvals. These are not trivial obstacles.

To be more specific, the service centers aren't set up to safely handle the car exhaust nor gasoline or oil spills/fumes. And in many cases, the planning and use approvals Tesla got in the process of opening up the service centers explicitly excluded providing service/repair work on ICEVs. In some cases, they could redesign/retrofit the capabilities into the service center structures and apply for expanded approvals but at many service centers this would be either impossible or pretty expensive for minuscule benefit.

That all makes sense, but it also gives me an incentive to buy a Mach-E or something from a place that can do all the service under one roof and on one visit as I am accustomed to do with most other vehicles when they get serviced.

If you live near Sudbury, MA, go to the Mobile station at corner of Rt 20 & Union Ave. I got 2 stickers very quickly from them and they don't take the car for a joy ride. MA inspection requires jacking up the vehicle so make sure they do it in the correct spot to avoid battery case damage.

Does anyone know a good inspection location in Boston other than traveling to Somerville?
They have to jack the car up? I'm picking up my MY next week and assumed it'd be straightforward to go to any place that does inspections.

Did you purchase the jack pads for yours?

Brilliant post, surprised I didn't think of same response.

I just got my car and a friend who has a Model 3 suggested this place:

Mass Inspections 712 Mystic Ave, Somerville, MA 02145

They are right off of 93, you can watch them do the inspection, they do inspections for big rigs, the guy knew how to drive the Model 3 without any instructions, and I was in and out in 15 minutes or less.

Thank you for suggesting this great place for inspection stickers. I was in & out in only 13 minutes. It was worth my travel from Seaport, Boston. So good that I returned with wife's mercedes for a new sticker too.

Reactions: JWardell
Thank you for suggesting this great place for inspection stickers. I was in & out in only 13 minutes. It was worth my travel from Seaport, Boston. So good that I returned with wife's mercedes for a new sticker too.
Did they require to drive your car?

I live pretty close to this place and need to get mine inspected and looking for a place that knows what to do with an EV.