Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mass Save Connected Solutions Incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They activated ConnectedSolutions before you got PTO?? Interesting.
Yup - I thought it was rather interesting as well. Our Powerwalls were installed and commissioned (but not actually electrically connected) a few weeks before the solar roof install due to a variety of scheduling issues on Tesla's end. This shouldn't be an issue - after all, the batteries should not be charging because I don't have PTO and haven't flipped the breaker on the solar right? ;););) With no charge (or the factory default ~20% charge) there is no need to worry about a discharge to the grid.

Am curious.. if you login to your gateway and go to /api/customer/registration what so you see? Mine says

JSON:
{"privacy_notice":null,"limited_warranty":null,"grid_services":null,"marketing":null,"registered":true,"timed_out_registration":false}

/api/system_status/grid_status
JSON:
{"grid_status":"SystemGridConnected","grid_services_active":false}
{"privacy_notice":null,"limited_warranty":null,"grid_services":null,"marketing":null,"registered":true,"timed_out_registration":false}
and
{"grid_status":"SystemIslandedActive","grid_services_active":true}

I'm currently off grid for another 29 minutes until 7pm when the battery discharge window closes and I click the go-on-grid button again.

and
{"grid_status":"SystemIslandedActive","grid_services_active":true}

I'm currently off grid for another 29 minutes until 7pm when the battery discharge window closes and I click the go-on-grid button again.
And like magic, I now have my production and net meter installed. Squeaky wheel gets results once again.

Reactions: appleguru
This is a very resourceful thread. Thank you for all the detail!

Pardon the Dumb question: I am going to have a major renovation coming up to my second story which will prevent me from putting in solar on at least half the roof. Can I just do a power wall(s) for now and hook up solar at a later date? I’d prefer the PWs over a propane generator as it would appear the cost is roughly the same but I’d get the benefit of the rebates from Nat Grid.

Am I thinking through this the right way, or should I wait until I can do solar + PW?

This is a very resourceful thread. Thank you for all the detail!

Pardon the Dumb question: I am going to have a major renovation coming up to my second story which will prevent me from putting in solar on at least half the roof. Can I just do a power wall(s) for now and hook up solar at a later date? I’d prefer the PWs over a propane generator as it would appear the cost is roughly the same but I’d get the benefit of the rebates from Nat Grid.

Am I thinking through this the right way, or should I wait until I can do solar + PW?
Biggest reason to wait IMO would be to be able to get the federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) to cover the powerwalls too (which require that they be charged at least 75% of the time from solar). If you install PWs now, you'd get 0 back for those, but your solar portion would still be eligible. (Tesla also stopped taking orders for "powerwall only" installs as far as I'm aware, so you'd have to have a 3rd party installer put them in. And last I heard inventory for non-Tesla orders is super backed up still).

Reactions: OptionalUpgrd
I received my summer connectedsolutions payment from Eversource directly on 12/20/21. Last time it came from Tesla.
Thanks for the update ! I am in NG territory and same as you, the last Summer (and Winter 2021) payment came from Tesla. I wonder if it's time to follow up with NG themselves and see if they've changed the reimbursement process.

In my case I am confident that it was the connectedsolutions payment. My SMART payments appear monthly as a direct deposit and I just received my monthly deposit.
What makes you confident that it's the CS payment? What confuses me is that if it is CS, it's about 20% more than it should be, based on my average kW calculations. So either my calcs are off or something else is going on. Perhaps Tesla didn't take its cut?

What makes you confident that it's the CS payment? What confuses me is that if it is CS, it's about 20% more than it should be, based on my average kW calculations. So either my calcs are off or something else is going on. Perhaps Tesla didn't take its cut?
It did seem to not have Tesla's cut removed. I got ~$2200 and had basically run 10kW during their discharges.

Reactions: Tdreamer