Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mass Save Connected Solutions Incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was from NSTAR ELECTRIC - EAST DISTRIB DBA EVERSOURCE ENERGY. It had an invoice number but no descriptive information whatsoever describing what the payment was for.

I have received many SMART payments but randomly on 12/3 I received a check from the same NSTAR ELECTRIC - EAST DISTRIB DBA EVERSOURCE ENERGY for $300 and I’m not sure what it’s for.

Currently I have Tesla solar panels (no PowerWalls) and a Tesla M3 so it must be for one of those. I didn’t call Eversource because I’m not complaining I received a check.

Did you figure out what it was for?

I have received many SMART payments but randomly on 12/3 I received a check from the same NSTAR ELECTRIC - EAST DISTRIB DBA EVERSOURCE ENERGY for $300 and I’m not sure what it’s for.

Currently I have Tesla solar panels (no PowerWalls) and a Tesla M3 so it must be for one of those. I didn’t call Eversource because I’m not complaining I received a check.

I'm going with your theory - cash the check, and not question...

Reactions: kayak1
I just set it up after receiving the check (so I guess yes, it was a SMART check after all). ;) On the e-mail received announcing the check being sent had a toll free number to call (844-726-7573). I called, left a voicemail requesting ACH payment for future checks, and they followed up quickly routing my request to the company used to administer the program. That company sent me a docusign request a few days later to provide the necessary info to them to set that up. Quick, easy, done. We'll see if the next check is mailed or direct deposited.

Is it possible that the $300 is for a connectedsolutions EVSE rebate, either the Tesla or ChargePoint kind?

I bet this is the connected solutions EVSE incentive payment you were mentioning in another thread

A lesson learned for fellow Connected Solutions participants.
My Powerwall stopped working last August due to a failed Gateway. My installer had it back running with a replacement gateway in October. Most of delay was waiting for the gateway to ship to the installer.
As a result of the gateway replacement my Powerwall serial number changed. I just thought to email connected solutions yesterday to make sure my "new" Powerwall was registered with them. It wasn't, but it is now.

Long story short, if your serial number changes, don't count on Tesla support contacting connected solutions to inform them.

Reactions: jlv1 and kayak1