Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the white performance model with performance upgrade, black interior. Ordered on March 9th this year and my delivery is scheduled for next week Wednesday, June 3rd.
I have not seen many people getting a delivery with Gemini wheels. @Nanadukes14, maybe that's the reason that your VIN was not yet assigned. But I'm only guessing.

I ordered August 2019
White/Black interior/LR AWD/5 Seats/FSD/Gemini

No Vin assigned and no VIN in source code

Wonder why people who have ordered months after me are getting VIN's assigned.
View attachment 547163 View attachment 547163
I ordered August 2019
White/Black interior/LR AWD/5 Seats/FSD/Gemini

No Vin assigned and no VIN in source code

Wonder why people who have ordered months after me are getting VIN's assigned.
I picked up the exactly same config from Dedham on Saturday.

Ok that makes me feel a little better because you 100% should get your car before me! I just wish there was more transparency, into when I will see my vin. Did you find yours in the source code before?
No, I found my VIN after the MVPA showed up in my account. One thing I did was that instead of waiting for VIN to appear before arranging insurance (which is the right sequence in MA), I just uploaded my current insurance which didn't include model Y as a placeholder, just to complete that step. I don't know whether that helped me moving to the next step or not, but something you can try. I don't think people in NV knows the details of MA insurance requirements, and also you can update the insurance information at any time (I changed it with the real one after I got VIN). Another potential difference maker could be that I don't have a trade-in or financing.

My VIN is 579X, so I was very concerned because there was a post of the same 579x batch with 8 paint defects that looked really bad, but mine was nearly perfect outside (I was trying to upload a picture but I'm not allowed yet as a new member). I do have a few issues that will have to be addressed as below. One plus is that I got the same "F" VIN for performance for potential future upgrades. It seems not affected the insurance much, at least for now as they (Liberty Mutual) don't recognize the VIN and manually entered the info.

- Driver window don't go all the way up (still looks watertight).
- Windshield washer fluid doesn't come out
- Both button for lowering back seats lower only left side, not one for each side (very weird)
- Minor trim issue on driver side A-pillar
- Front Tesla logo slightly tilted

No, I found my VIN after the MVPA showed up in my account. One thing I did was that instead of waiting for VIN to appear before arranging insurance (which is the right sequence in MA), I just uploaded my current insurance which didn't include model Y as a placeholder, just to complete that step. I don't know whether that helped me moving to the next step or not, but something you can try. I don't think people in NV knows the details of MA insurance requirements, and also you can update the insurance information at any time (I changed it with the real one after I got VIN). Another potential difference maker could be that I don't have a trade-in or financing.

My VIN is 579X, so I was very concerned because there was a post of the same 579x batch with 8 paint defects that looked really bad, but mine was nearly perfect outside (I was trying to upload a picture but I'm not allowed yet as a new member). I do have a few issues that will have to be addressed as below. One plus is that I got the same "F" VIN for performance for potential future upgrades. It seems not affected the insurance much, at least for now as they (Liberty Mutual) don't recognize the VIN and manually entered the info.

- Both button for lowering back seats lower only left side, not one for each side (very weird)

I will 100% look for those defects when I finally get my car, did you have a link/article to see what you should check for? I did just that last Saturday, put my old insurance information in there. Hoping that will help

I will 100% look for those defects when I finally get my car, did you have a link/article to see what you should check for? I did just that last Saturday in regards to putting my old insurance information in my profile. Really hoping that will help, that and the daily Tesla phone calls

I'm scheduled to pick mine up from Dedham on Monday. Curious what the experience was like and whether you paid in advance? I've been a bit nervous to pay before final inspection, but don't want that to hold up the process!
I paid in advance and the process was quite smooth. I took some time for inspection (they allowed as much time as I liked), then the registration/plate took ~15 minutes. While waiting for the registration I watched the historic Space-X launch live there. Even after I signed all the document and accepted the vehicle I found a few defects and they didn't refuse to include them in the punch list.

I will 100% look for those defects when I finally get my car, did you have a link/article to see what you should check for? I did just that last Saturday in regards to putting my old insurance information in my profile. Really hoping that will help, that and the daily Tesla phone calls
I saw that somewhere, read it, but didn't bring it. I believe what I find are fixable, and although I agree it doesn't make sense to have to repair a brand-new car and it's a hassle, once those are taken care of, I'll be pretty happy with what I ended up with.

I might be allowed to post a picture finally - testing. The Gemini wheels with cover removed looks awesome to me.
IMG_0313.jpg

Exact same configuration, I ordered at the end of Oct. I rec'd a note last week about the order being complete and they would update me at some point. I think a more reliable method is to watch this thread and see when orders are getting fulfilled.
Westchester County, NY

Looks GREAT....where did you get the center Tesla cap kit for the wheels or did it come like that?
I put Tesla center cap for Model 3 (only the center caps, decided not to put on the rug nut caps), but any Model 3-compatible center cap should work. Initially I thought about putting a silver one to match the color, but after surveying other car brands, I realized that black or gray center cap matches well with silver wheel (check other brands like Mercedes, etc.). I think the tire is continental all-season (I saw a posting in another thread, too lazy to walk down to the garage to get the info - will do it later).