TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Massachusetts Rebate program

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by DavidPetr., Aug 19, 2018.

1. DavidPetr.

DavidPetr. Member

Hi,

I am considering ordering m3 but noticed that the MA state program is running out of funds Funding | MOR-EV and most likely I will not be able to qualify, so I was wondering if someone was able to get in touch with them and if their are considering extending the program.

Thanks,
    David

2. Shizzrock

Shizzrock Member

Oh man, that's a bummer. I was counting on that rebate, didn't know the funding is limited

3. Shizzrock

Shizzrock Member

I have a feeling that they may add more funding just to buck the current trend of de-regulating gas guzzlers and make a statement (hopefully!)

4. njsrikar

njsrikar Member

Yeah am closely monitoring they website. Hopefully I will get the car before the funds depleted.

Haven't heard anything about more funding though.

5. Mishakim

Mishakim Member

It’s always running out of money, and so far, they’ve always replenished it. It’s been that way for years

• Like x 1
  6. njsrikar

njsrikar Member

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks!

7. RDoc

RDoc S85D

That's what happened when we bought our Tesla. The funds ran out and in the next session they were replenished and we go ours.

• Like x 1
  8. DavidPetr.

DavidPetr. Member

Thanks guys, does any one know how long would it take for them to make an announcement if they are going to extend the program? If the call me back today I will post an update here.

9. Toddsquad

Toddsquad Member

More importantly, federal credit gets cut in half beginning next year. Better order soon if you want to get that.

10. kwest2

kwest2 Member

The funding gets renewed periodically in the year and also new fiscal years. I'd expect a nearly 100% certainty that you'll get the rebate. Plus, submit it no matter what, that holds your place in line in the event funding dries up prior to getting the rebate; once replenished, the earliest applicants get the funds first.

11. Raechris

Raechris Member

If you call them they will answer all of your questions. I have successfully processed three rebates with them. It takes a long time to get your money and there is no guarantee of additional funding but it has happened each fiscal year so far. If buying M3P you may only get 1,500 since the rich people cutoff is MSRP over 60k

12. DavidPetr.

DavidPetr. Member

Thanks Raechris,

I believe they go by list price (awd 54k <60k), the white paint, interior and adaptive crouse control are just an options so it should qualify for the full $2,500.00 rebate. I will try to call them regardless. Thanks for the input!

13. beantownrich

beantownrich Member

It took foreverrrr to get my check. I think it may have to do with the constant running out and being refunded.

14. Mishakim

Mishakim Member

I got my notice today that application was approved, and I see on the mor-ev site that they're funded again, with $2M on-hand.

15. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Unnecessary to throw in “rich people cutoff”. I have a P3 and I am not rich.

The Bently Bentayga owner that I just burned a few days back however, IS rich. :D

16. TORQU3

TORQU3 Member

Does anyone know how this effects a performance 3 with a selling price higher than 60k? I emailed and asked if a performance model 3 qualifies and they said yes, but part of me thinks they may reject it due to the 79k sticker.

17. FURY

FURY Member

Does Massachusetts offer any cash/credit for moving to the satte and registering a Tesla S there?

Thank you very much

FURY

18. TORQU3

TORQU3 Member

No I don't believe so, it's only for new purchases while you are a resident.

19. njsrikar

njsrikar Member

It shouldn't, the Model 3 Performance is a variant of Model 3. It is not a different model being made/sold by Tesla

20. TORQU3

TORQU3 Member

It would be great if that’s the case. I’m hoping the excise tax calculation is the same way, based on 35k base msrp and not the performance or awd model base msrp.