Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is so good to hear! How long will your car be at Q Care?
Dropped it off on Friday and they said they’ll do the PPF on Friday and coating on Monday. They thought it would be done by Monday PM.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride! Were your delivery dates originally pushed back due to railyard logistics?
Yes, pushed back twice! Original was 8/31 and 9/4.

Just picked up my MYP today in Dedham. White exterior, white interior. Came with Michelin All Season tires. Everyone was very friendly and prompt.

I found 3 issues:
- small scratch in fender guard
- broken passenger side seat adjustment switch
- slight panel gap issue on driver side rear door

The fixed the first 2 in about 20 mins, and asked that I bring the car back during the week to get the door adjusted.

Love it so far. Interior quality is fine to me. The technology is amazing. Drives like a rocket ship!

Received my MYP Midnight Silver Metallic yesterday in Norwell!

Vehicle arrived with Michelin All Season Tires, Front mud flaps and rear PPF (both not ordered). My original order was placed in June and it came faster than I expected and estimated. Upon inspection, there were some minor panel fit issues and an issue with a rear door handle not retracting. Issues were noted and will be addressed at a service appointment. My only regret thus far is I wish I had ordered with the white seat option.

I am hoping to change wheels at some point so if you are interested in some 21 inch ubertines, please reach out to me.

Received my MYP Midnight Silver Metallic yesterday in Norwell!

Vehicle arrived with Michelin All Season Tires, Front mud flaps and rear PPF (both not ordered). My original order was placed in June and it came faster than I expected and estimated. Upon inspection, there were some minor panel fit issues and an issue with a rear door handle not retracting. Issues were noted and will be addressed at a service appointment. My only regret thus far is I wish I had ordered with the white seat option.

I am hoping to change wheels at some point so if you are interested in some 21 inch ubertines, please reach out to me.
I had a good experience at Norwell as well. I would consider taking it there for service even though it’s farther away.

Reactions: Stevnwin
Didn't realize all of my Teslarati vinyl wraps (for console, dash, and doors) came with 2 sets. Was able to get it in one go for the console wrap and door trims (dashboard took two tries). Anyone interested in the second set for $25? Can send links to the original product as well, or I can just post in the WTS forums. Figured I'd hit up anyone in MA first!

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg
IMG_2160.jpg

Reactions: E90M3Jerez
Im not in Mass, but I am in Rhode Island. So, we're kind of family? HAHA!

Order date: 9/11/22
MYP MSM on White
EAP
EDD: Sep-Oct 22
EDD 2: Oct 14 - Nov 18

This is my 5th Tesla personally and 6th in my immediate family. Called a rep I know in Fremont and asked for a VIN not to be assigned until it's a 2023 model year if possible. One will most likely hit around early Nov and Ill pass on it, hopefully not be threatened for delivery, and take one around the end of Nov. That would be the perfect scenario. Im actually hoping the 2023s do have no stalks and a power frunk. I know, the no stalks thing isn't popular, but I love it in my Model S! Totally grew on me.

Picked up my beautiful Tessie today in Peabody and it was perfect!! Came with no cargo cover, but had some nice Pirelli P—Zeros. There were no issues, it was pretty perfect! The whole process, as someone else said on here, took about 40-45 minutes and I was out of there. Took it straight to Q Car care for PPF and ceramic coating inside and outside so pretty sad I don’t get to drive it for two days but she’s a beaut Clark! I didn’t get good pictures but here are some screenshots from a video my husband took.

Attachments

• 39C0A2D7-A622-4C1D-925E-682C4A6873F5.jpeg
    39C0A2D7-A622-4C1D-925E-682C4A6873F5.jpeg
    873.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 53143C66-1042-4222-A8D9-6DB2DFFE4817.png
    53143C66-1042-4222-A8D9-6DB2DFFE4817.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Im not in Mass, but I am in Rhode Island. So, we're kind of family? HAHA!

Order date: 9/11/22
MYP MSM on White
EAP
EDD: Sep-Oct 22
EDD 2: Oct 14 - Nov 18

This is my 5th Tesla personally and 6th in my immediate family. Called a rep I know in Fremont and asked for a VIN not to be assigned until it's a 2023 model year if possible. One will most likely hit around early Nov and Ill pass on it, hopefully not be threatened for delivery, and take one around the end of Nov. That would be the perfect scenario. Im actually hoping the 2023s do have no stalks and a power frunk. I know, the no stalks thing isn't popular, but I love it in my Model S! Totally grew on me.
The change isn't likely to occur exactly when the new model year hits. There's a good chance the early 2023s are the exact same as the 2022s, then sometime in 2023 the new wheel/stalks come into play. Historically, new model years don't automatically get new features on day 1.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
The change isn't likely to occur exactly when the new model year hits. There's a good chance the early 2023s are the exact same as the 2022s, then sometime in 2023 the new wheel/stalks come into play. Historically, new model years don't automatically get new features on day 1.

Agreed, kind of. Im willing to wait, and hope this is the case. Im basing solely on the Model 3 and Y center console update, which occurred with the 2021 model year. I did this same type of ordering to get into the new console 3 at the time, and it worked. This is also a major update, not door trim which is easy to add mid year on the same line with the same software version.

One last piece of hope comes from @ChrisZheng001, a person who has close ties to Tesla's supply chain. He's right 9 out of 10 times. He stated the following on Twitter.

We shall see! If it isnt, its still worth waiting for a 23 over a 22 when my date of delivery is close to the end of November.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.07.42 AM.png

Reactions: fiehlsport
Just heard from my SA that my MYP is in transit to Norwell and that they’ll be reaching out to schedule a new delivery appointment soon. Hopefully I can get it this weekend.

Original delivery date was 9/3, so a 2 week delay wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed that there’s no damage.
Awesome. The end is almost here!

My SA said as soon as the vehicle "moves" from the railyard I'd get an automated text, but it looks like it's up to the delivery center to send it out once they receive the car, probably.

Good to see the early-September cars are moving now.

Last edited:
Awesome. The end is almost here!

My SA said as soon as the vehicle "moves" from the railyard I'd get an automated text, but it looks like it's up to the delivery center to send it out once they receive the car, probably.

Good to see the early-September cars are moving now.
We can all keep our fingers crossed on that!

I texted them this morning asking for another update. While I was expecting the same old canned response, I was informed that my vehicle is finally in transit. No automated texts though. I’m still waiting for the text to schedule my new delivery appointment, but I’m not holding my breath this time. 😀

Hopefully everyone gets their texts soon!

My EDD narrowed a bit today.

Order MYP, MSM, White, EAP 9/11/22 - EDD Sep - Oct
9/11/22 EDD - 10/14/22 - 11/18/22
9/16/22 EDD - 10/15/22 - 11/12/22

If this stays true, I believe it puts me out of the running for a 23, but we shall see when that VIN hits!

Picked up my beautiful Tessie today in Peabody and it was perfect!! Came with no cargo cover, but had some nice Pirelli P—Zeros. There were no issues, it was pretty perfect! The whole process, as someone else said on here, took about 40-45 minutes and I was out of there. Took it straight to Q Car care for PPF and ceramic coating inside and outside so pretty sad I don’t get to drive it for two days but she’s a beaut Clark! I didn’t get good pictures but here are some screenshots from a video my husband took.
How was the built of the car? any panel gaps, paint?