Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I didn't know this was a room! I'll leave my info below if it helps anyone.

I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister. All ordered in Mass.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13 - 6PM
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
OD: 1/13 - 3PM
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18
Pick Up Scheduled: 2/7, apparently it wad being transported via train.

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14 - 6PM
EDD: 2/6-3/6
VIN: 1/31 (received early morning via Text and shows up on the app)
Updated post VIN EDD: 2/12-2/18

Just waiting on the Blue/White MYLR to get a VIN now.

Woohoo congrats!!!

Does anyone here have any opinion on which Tesla service Center in the Boston area is the best? I’ve only been to the Back Bay and Peabody locations. People in Peabody seem nice so I think that’s where I’ll be picking up in a few weeks. I’m in Charlestown so it’s pretty much equal distance but I prefer North Shore for some reason. Maybe I just like the idea of driving out to Cape Anne after I visit the service center! :)

Woohoo congrats!!!

Does anyone here have any opinion on which Tesla service Center in the Boston area is the best? I’ve only been to the Back Bay and Peabody locations. People in Peabody seem nice so I think that’s where I’ll be picking up in a few weeks. I’m in Charlestown so it’s pretty much equal distance but I prefer North Shore for some reason. Maybe I just like the idea of driving out to Cape Anne after I visit the service center! :)
I don't think we have a choice, do we? I asked Tesla and they said it would be peabody for me.

So i did get mud flaps behind the front tires only and no ppf on bsck doors. Also standard head lights and no matrix. Someone was picking up their performance Model y and Model 3, they both had the matrix headlights.
Congrats on your new car. Its a great feeling. Thanks for providing info on the mud flaps. Could you write a little bit about your experience at the Dedham Delivery center? Ours is Dedham too.
1) Since it did not have the Matrix, then your car was from Austin. How was the build quality of the car?
2) Did they allow you some time to inspect outside and inside of the car before taking the payment?
3) Where did you get the inspection? Did they have the pucks or did you buy your own
4) Any other information you could provide that could be useful for others who will be picking up in next few weeks

Reactions: MeanDOG
Question about delivery to Norwell. Any experiences?
it much more convenient since I am near the Cape.
Also I hear you have to do your own inspection? I know we have 7 days.

Cheers
No problems at Norwell, was pretty chill. They let us take our time in and out of the car.
Yeah, have to get initial inspection on your own. Surprised Tesla doesn't have a deal with any of the nearby dealerships.
Supposed to have it done w/in a week (think we went almost 3 weeks, oops).
Got inspected at Sullivan Tire in Marshfield. They have their own pucks and sounds like they have experience with Teslas/EVs

Reactions: nickg_6
I texted my SA and was told that my car will come with mud flaps standard. Not sure if it’s a New England thing but I think it’s good right? Any draw backs (range etc)? Or def good idea due to how much it protects the paint from rocks?

I texted my SA and was told that my car will come with mud flaps standard. Not sure if it’s a New England thing but I think it’s good right? Any draw backs (range etc)? Or def good idea due to how much it protects the paint from rocks?
Definitely a good idea. There are a lot of rock chips in that area. Especially in New England due to rock slat being used in winter and all the damaged roads lol.

Reactions: J-a-x
What are your thoughts on ceramic coatings and films for driving in New England? I’m still trying to decide.

My Mini cooper has no flaps or coatings or films and still looks pretty good after nearly 7 years (4 in Boston) but maybe I’m just lucky.

What are your thoughts on ceramic coatings and films for driving in New England? I’m still trying to decide.

My Mini cooper has no flaps or coatings or films and still looks pretty good after nearly 7 years (4 in Boston) but maybe I’m just lucky.
I like ceramic coating because of the gloss it provides. It does not do anything to actually protect the car against anything. But it does make washing it a bit easier.

As far as PPF (films) go, I am not a big fan. It costs over 5K to cover the car. I feel like if you get a chip or a scratch, it will be cheaper to repair that chip over the life of the car than to pay 5K for the PPF. It is just a personal opinion. But say, you got a chip and wanted to get it fixed, it may cost you like $200 to get it fixed, cheaper if you do it yourself. But you can fix 25 chips for about $5K, and you already mentioned how there aren't any issues with your Mini Cooper's paint. I have never had any issue with paint being chipped or anything. So I am not a big fan of it.

Reactions: J-a-x and MeanDOG