Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massdrop BlackVue DR650S-2CH Dash Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but if you do a lot of driving and would like to use it all the time you may want to get it to conserve power
How is Power Magic Pro going to conserve power? All it does, prevents the 12 V battery from discharging below certain level, which is irrelevant with Tesla as the 12V battery will be automatically recharged by the main battery as needed.

I have a local installer who I use for things like this. He's very reasonably. He's a video of the audio system and sound deadener he installed on my Nissan Leaf (that I'm now selling as we have a second S on the way):

Wow thats a set up; sounds great! 40 hours to install.......I had no idea these things got so complicated.
Are you planning a similar set up in your new S? And whats in your old S?

Reactions: playoutside
Wow thats a set up; sounds great! 40 hours to install.......I had no idea these things got so complicated.
Are you planning a similar set up in your new S? And whats in your old S?

Yeah most of the time was for the sound deadener. He basically removed all of the seats, headliner, carpet, door panels, etc. before adding the dynamat. It's quieter than my S now!

Currently we have a 2013 P85+. It has the Hi Fi sound option so I have left it stock. The CPO on order is a P85D with the base sound system. So I'll likely do the same kind of upgrade (I may even re-use the amp and sub if the buyer of my Leaf wants a discount).

Here's the for sale listing of my Leaf if anyone is interested:
2015 Nissan LEAF SL with $6.6K in upgrades

Just a quick question, but why do people want to put these dash cams in their Tesla? Are you able to see the cams video live on the Tesla screen or something?

Why would you need to see directly what's in front of you, on the screen? :)

Here's why I have a dashcam in every car we own:

Without dashcam footage, that woman and her insurance company would have been totally screwed.

There are other reasons, too.