Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive data uploads since 2017.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we all stand to gain from uploading as much information as possible. It's only those with bandwidth limits or very slow upload speeds that may be adversely affected by it using up bandwidth.

I could see that and considering most of us run on half-duplex connections it actually hurts our home internet experience. I have set a schedule for the Tesla specific wifi network I created. Hopefully that helps.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
I could see that and considering most of us run on half-duplex connections it actually hurts our home internet experience. I have set a schedule for the Tesla specific wifi network I created. Hopefully that helps.

Since days of DSL are gone, I'm sure it's not so bad (granted I don't have the car and cannot speak for the experience you mentioned).

I don’t know if most people run half duplex connections.... asymmetrical maybe, but the majority of US broadband is cable and cable modem caps are accomplished by traffic shaping queues.

Most cable is half duplex. If you are using 100% of your upload your download will be severely hampered. Thus half duplex.

That’s.... not how it works. DOCSIS is full duplex and MIMO, upload and download channels are on different frequencies.

You may be thinking of some providers absolutely hard capping you such that TCP SYN/ACK replies count against your upload traffic, but Comcast and TWC have both moved away from this trend and you can get your full upload and download rated speeds simultaneously.

I would absolutely setup some connection rules if it was affecting myself or anyone in the family. In the case of Tesla uploads, we can have cake and eat it.
Sure, being a software engineer it's easy for me to do, but I suspect the many thousands of Tesla owners out there are not all software engineers nor able to set meaningful Quality of Service rules...

• Funny
Reactions: Tezlanian
That’s.... not how it works. DOCSIS is full duplex and MIMO, upload and download channels are on different frequencies.

You may be thinking of some providers absolutely hard capping you such that TCP SYN/ACK replies count against your upload traffic, but Comcast and TWC have both moved away from this trend and you can get your full upload and download rated speeds simultaneously.

I thought that only started with DOCSIS 3.1. I have friends who still have a 3.0 modem.

You'd be surprised how many people are still running old old old modems. Friend of mine has 250/10 Mbps but has a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that is capping out at 50 Mbps.

But back on thread topic... up to 20.3 GB. I used AP2 quite a bit last night on 405 in Seattle. No major takeovers but it does freak out a bit when there are semi trucks in the next lane and it makes me nervous so I take over.

Does anyone know how much storage the X100D with AP2 would have?