Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive Hail Storm in North Dallas Last Night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of my concern about paint protection and avoiding door dings during the past years came do an abrupt ending last night in the form of a massive hail storm that pelted north Dallas. Hail the size of golf balls resulted in our Model S looking like the surface of the moon. Based upon the high mileage on the car we think there's a significant chance the car will be totaled. (We'll undoubtedly need a new roof too, a scant 18 months after our previous roof was installed.)

Did anyone else out there in the Plano/McKinney area get nailed last night?

The lighting wasn't good last night and this morning was a bit rushed so I have only one picture of the car and one of the aftermath of the hailstorm.

On a positive note, all 32 of my solar panels are still working fine! IMG_3987.jpg IMG_3987.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 231
Ouch! Sorry to see that, @Rockster!

Is your roof pano or solid/metal? For the hood, I would not give up that easily yet. You can get them for few hundred bucks on eBay.

I know the hail damage is one of the most devastating to the proud owner of a car, but a complete write off sounds a bit drastic. I get it - have few dings on mine from last year's hail storm that pass through here (nothing compared to yours), it still bothers the heck out of me. Just thinking that if the car is still working as expected sans cosmetic damage, maybe it's worth fixing it?