Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASSIVE TESLA RALLY TO PROTEST BIDEN IGNORING TESLA 4/22/22

Would you be interested in attending the DC rally Earth Day weekend 2022?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with Yurand. I'd love to go for a drive and show off my car at a rally, but I can't drive from CA to DC to do it. But Biden needs to be made aware that his darlings of the auto industry are mainly pigs with lipstick, lots of talk, no action, few products that people can buy, while Tesla has been here nearly ten years and had millions of amazing, gorgeous cars on the road.

Oh give me a break. Tesla is by far the biggest beneficiary of the legislation that the Biden admin passed. Nobody else even comes close.

What do you expect the old man to do? Praise Elon Musk publically? Mention TSLA stock at every press conference?

It's incredible how concerned people are with theatrics and political fodder vs. reality.

And believe me, seeing this old hag drive around a car for 30 seconds in a parking lot isn't really a selling point.

If you want to reaffirm people's opinion that Telsa is a cult full of Elon simps then by all means, drive your cars to capitol hill and enjoy all the "positive" attention that I'm sure you'll receive over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Yurand. I'd love to go for a drive and show off my car at a rally, but I can't drive from CA to DC to do it. But Biden needs to be made aware that his darlings of the auto industry are mainly pigs with lipstick, lots of talk, no action, few products that people can buy, while Tesla has been here nearly ten years and had millions of amazing, gorgeous cars on the road.
It's funny you should say that, we have a couple of people that are going to go from California. If we get enough people doing it, we might set a world record.

Attention should be given to the obvious pandering Biden is doing for the Unions that give 95% of their political contributions to Democrat candidates.

The tax credits should go to companies employing American workers and those making their cars in American owned plants.

Big benefit to giving Tax Credits to American companies is that they can use the additional funding to build even more Americal factories and hire more American workers.

All the social engineering stuff is not relevant to where the tax credits should go. Few welfare takers will be buying new EVs.

Funny, the bill as written is a huge boon to Tesla with just a small amount to placate the unions.
The made in USA part is good for Tesla.
Going from 0 to $10k is not bad.
Who does better than that with a volume product? No one?
Tesla has gotten the most support to date by the EV credit and this bill will magnify that by about 40 times as written. Imagine 2M cars a year with $10k on the hood for 5 years. That is $100 billion. And you are complaining that it isn't $125 billion?
And the bill is either passed (crystal ball says - not likely) or completely dead by April.
The proper protest would be on the oil and gas leases not on whether Elon - or stockholders - get richer.
Tesla has shown that they don't need subsidies and can turn a profit. Remember, that is what subsidies are intended to do - help nascent tech and companies. Technically - that job is done. Will Tesla be able to sell more cars with $10k on the hood? - sure. Is that a win? - sure. Is it the right use of limited funds? Hmm...
To answer your point, this is got nothing to do with the tax credit and no one is asking for any money to go to Tesla. This has absolutely nothing to do with the second infrastructure bill which is either passed by the end of the year or is dead. What does hast to do with his two things, one bringing more recognition to electric vehicles in general and two drawing attention to the fact that the American car companies, in fact every other car company, has been dragged to electric vehicles kicking and screaming. It's time to break the back of the internal combustion engine and part of how we do that is by demonstrating that electric vehicles can can do everything that a dinosaur vehicle can do, including road trips.

There is a third reason for this, and that is just to have a fun time with Tesla owners for a weekend. I've owned this car is long enough to know when owning a tesla was being part of a club, whether officially or not, and was a tightknit family. I've met many people that I call friends just from attending several rallies.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Tesla really doesn't need or want the attention.
Really? Which is why Elon musk has been *sugar* talking the administration for the past month? I must respectfully disagree with your position sir.

Oh give me a break. Tesla is by far the biggest beneficiary of the legislation that the Brandon admin passed. Nobody else even comes close.

What do you expect the old man to do? Praise Elon Musk publically? Mention TSLA stock at every press conference?

It's incredible how concerned people are with theatrics and political fodder vs. reality.

And believe me, seeing this old hag drive around a car for 30 seconds in a parking lot isn't really a selling point.

If you want to reaffirm people's opinion that Telsa is a cult full of Elon simps then by all means, drive your cars to capitol hill and enjoy all the "positive" attention that I'm sure you'll receive over there.
So I will put you down as a maybe. :)

Last edited:
Well we will not be calling him Brandon, nor supporting any type of that nonsense because it gets you nowhere, and would merely hijack our messaging. This cannot descend into a Trump rally. This is issue based, I don't care what peoples individual politics are. We disagree fundamentally with this particular issue and drawing attention to the fact the Tesla is the EV leader, and should be recognized as such.

By not caring "what peoples individual politics are," I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about "politics", because what you seek is only achieved through political will and political solutions, and most certainly depends upon who is in gov't. "Climate change" has zero traction with anyone outside the East/West coasts, and no one who is aware really thinks that lithium batteries and the electricity to power them are made from clean, thin air.

If you want this to happen... you have to do the following:
1. Reach out to your local senator or congress member of your state and send them a letter about this.
2. Reach out to the GA and tell them your story.
3. Write a letter to the president and send it
4. Reach out to bigger youtubers that talk about Tesla and have a huge following. EX: TeslaRaj
5. Put a sign next to superchargers to send the message
6. run a petition
7. run it :)

If you want this to happen... you have to do the following:
1. Reach out to your local senator or congress member of your state and send them a letter about this.
2. Reach out to the GA and tell them your story.
3. Write a letter to the president and send it
4. Reach out to bigger youtubers that talk about Tesla and have a huge following. EX: TeslaRaj
5. Put a sign next to superchargers to send the message
6. run a petition
7. run it :)
Or we could just all drive to DC and have a grand old time on earth day weekend. :)

• Informative
Reactions: JPInnovative
Well we will not be calling him Brandon, nor supporting any type of that nonsense because it gets you nowhere, and would merely hijack our messaging. This cannot descend into a Trump rally. This is issue based, I don't care what peoples individual politics are. We disagree fundamentally with this particular issue and drawing attention to the fact the Tesla is the EV leader, and should be recognized as such.
Well, good. At least the folks in the Capital will be safe during the event.

I’m all in favor of bringing to light that Tesla has been around for quite a few years and has implemented charging stations around the world. Is there a better way to bring this to light? I certainly would like to go on a road trip, but could this effort be better served? I’m really worried, based on the the recent news releases nothing is said about Tesla. In fact other manufacturers are leading in this space, NOT! Does the mob (oops, the Union’s) have that tight of a strangle hold on our country or president? Does our president not know about Tesla?

Signed,
Worried

I’m all in favor of bringing to light that Tesla has been around for quite a few years and has implemented charging stations around the world. Is there a better way to bring this to light? I certainly would like to go on a road trip, but could this effort be better served? I’m really worried, based on the the recent news releases nothing is said about Tesla. In fact other manufacturers are leading in this space, NOT! Does the mob (oops, the Union’s) have that tight of a strangle hold on our country or president? Does our president not know about Tesla?

Signed,
Worried
You should definitely join us :) as far as the politics goes, half of me is wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to have both Trump supporters and Biden supporters there, but that's me thinking out loud. I think this issue should cut through partisan politics

Reactions: ElectricIAC
You should definitely join us :) as far as the politics goes, half of me is wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to have both Trump supporters and Biden supporters there, but that's me thinking out loud. I think this issue should cut through partisan politics
Is there even such a thing today? Seems like everything that involves politics divides people

Reactions: ElectricIAC

Signed,
Worried

You should be happy. If the Brandon admin and by extension the corrupt UAW set sights for real on Tesla, which is a plausible outcome if you somehow get the government to pay "attention" to Tesla, then it won't end well for Tesla.

Right now Tesla is in the sweet spot - not much attention from the unions and their lackeys in the white house AND they receive most of the financial benefits from the legislation.