TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Massively ICE'd

Discussion in 'North America' started by Jeffcanuck67, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jeffcanuck67

Jeffcanuck67 New Member

Hi,

I was heading home via the Harris Ranch Charger and couldn't believe that a truck/tralier blocked all but 2 of the charging stations. The security asked around the restaurant and no one admitted owning the truck. The police came by and mentioned that since it was private property there was no ticket they could issue. Finally the owner came back to his truck after about an hour. Security was irate as they had asked this individual specifically if this was his truck inside and he denied it. There needs to be better parking enforcement - these stations are expensive and I waited an hour last night.......

Attached Files:

2. Thumper

Thumper Member

There's a name for people like that!

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Wow, I would have been so pissed.

4. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Yeah, they are called the guy with the flat tire(s).

5. liuping

liuping Active Member

My blood pressure is rising just looking at that picture...

6. jamieb

jamieb Member

#6 jamieb, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    We need to advocate for a change to the CVC (California Vehicle Code) allowing for cars blocking properly-marked EV charging sites to be towed at owners' expense, whether it is on public or private land. Tesla, Nissan and GM could join together to use their lobbying clout to create model legislation.

Does anyone here know Gavin Newsome, the Lt. Gov. (or are you active here, Mr. Newsome)? The Lt. Gov. owns two Teslas and is an EV advocate, perhaps he can help us find some like-minded legislators to help draft such a bill.

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

You know you're an a-hole when:
    Unfortunately that would have only kept him in front of the chargers longer.

It's kind of annoying the police can't give tickets for this. What are the lot owner's options? Just having the vehicle towed, I guess?

8. TesAus

TesAus Member

This suggestion is for fun, not in anyway endorsed/recommended in reality: what about siphoning the fuel
    from his tank? There should be enough to start and move clear of the supercharger, but he soon understands what it is to be running
    on empty and needing a top up?

9. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

^^ This. Jeebus.

10. Barry

Barry Member

There should be a warning sign, and a means, to get these people towed. Tesla's fleet of electric tow trucks? :smile:

11. karmamule

karmamule Member

I very much suspect this was an act of not-so-passive aggressiveness on that guy's part. We know some people harbor an irrational hatred for alternative-fuel vehicles, and I suspect this guy very deliberately parked like that. Plus, a liar on top of it all? A-hole indeed.....

12. Ardie

Ardie Member

You'd think Harris Ranch would have a good jack and a few cinder blocks handy.

Of course, since they are on private land, Harris Ranch could put up a sign stating that "unauthorized vehicles will be towed." It ought to get satisfactory results without having to result to torches and pitchforks.

13. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

The cable would have reached under his truck right? I would have finagled it somewhat that he was blocked in and inconvenienced while you finished your charge.

14. evme

evme Member

The solution is to crazy glue/seal the gas hatch cover. Doesn't get him stuck there longer and he gets a little taste of his own medicine when he needs to fill up.

Karma.

15. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

#15 FLDarren, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Armed and Dangerous with John Candy comes to mind.

Superglue is now on my to get list when preparing for my road trip this fall.

16. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

They will ticket you for parking in a handicapped space on private property, why not these?

17. Seven7

Seven7 Member

If you were really brave or foolish, or both, you could start unloading that 4 wheeler from the trailer, the owner would be right out...

I'm kidding of course.

18. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

^ This.

19. dejavo0

dejavo0 Member

Well that was polite of you to have waited. I would have told security to announce that if that mofo didnt move his truck in 15 minutes id bash in his window and put the car in neutral and push it away

20. BobtheV

BobtheV Member

The SOB probably likes to "roll coal" as well