Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massively ICE'd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was polite of you to have waited. I would have told security to announce that if that mofo didnt move his truck in 15 minutes id bash in his window and put the car in neutral and push it away

I applaud your patience, and like the idea of an announcement about bashing a window and moving it.

Unfortunately, I would threaten, but I would not destroy any of the MOFO's stuff. Hopefully, the threat would cause the guy to identify himself and then the confrontation would begin:cursing:

Will be at Harris Ranch tomorrow!!!

I don't understand the private property argument. Handicapped spaces are also located on private property, yet the police can and do cite those violators. I suspect that Tesla's signage is not in compliance with local code that would allow for towing or citation.

Should have left him one of these...

190638d1346654964-why-we-bmw-drivers-get-douchebag-label-original.jpg

Your, uh, "friends" with that truck-trailer combo had best be warned that this winter, if they try pulling that escapade at the Wickenburg SpC: I will ​have my F-350 nearby and I am very, very experienced at pulling other trucks.

Should have just had the restaurant management announce "Would the owner of the truck with plate XYZ-123 please come to the parking lot. The four-wheeler on the trailer is on fire." Thinking they would have come running in a hurry and then security could coerce them to relocate.

I had a similar situation at the Blanding Utah supercharger. A Toyota Tundra with a travel trailer parked across 3 of 4 supercharger stalls. I was able to squeeze into the 4th stall. I looked all over the park and visitor center to find the driver to no avail. I think he must have been taking a nap in the trailer. In my case I am not sure it was intentional. At Harris Ranch it seems intentional.

The cable would have reached under his truck right? I would have finagled it somewhat that he was blocked in and inconvenienced while you finished your charge.

No, the supercharger wands only reach a few feet at best and are made of such heavy-gauge wire there's no way to create a practical extension cable.

So far on my road trip to TMC I've only encountered ICEing at the Las Vegas SpC, on the way out to Monterey. Yesterday, on the way home, all six stalls were ICE-free and there were two other Model S charging when I pulled in around 2:45pm.

Are Tesla spots not marked appropriately in CA? I thought there was a law about blocking EV spots.

@dsm we have an rcw in washington state that will allow for ticketing at $124 whether on public OR private land and if all the spots are taken then they can and will then be impounded by the same rcw regardless of public of private land. But this is only for washington state. It would be nice if all the states adopted this same law. Takes a lot less time to get someone towed than it does to wait for the jerk owners to come back..