Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massively ICE'd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should have just had the restaurant management announce "Would the owner of the truck with plate XYZ-123 please come to the parking lot. The four-wheeler on the trailer is on fire." Thinking they would have come running in a hurry and then security could coerce them to relocate.

Don't you think they would come a-runnin', maybe without the guilt, etc., if the security would have asked people if they owned the truck and trailer that someone was messing with outside? They would likely go to check on who was doing what, would find out that they were blocking a charge spot, might learn something, might take a tour and test drive.

Sure, it looks deliberate, but trying to park a long load is a pain, there were no cars in the way when he got there, etc., and some people just don't understand, or hope they won't have to as long as they can park for a little while. Not everyone that drives has an IQ above the average, and some of those whose IQ is over 100 do some pretty thoughtless things.

If he were educated, became a friend, he might help spread the word to his other pick-em up buddies.

Don't you think they would come a-runnin', maybe without the guilt, etc., if the security would have asked people if they owned the truck and trailer that someone was messing with outside? They would likely go to check on who was doing what, would find out that they were blocking a charge spot, might learn something, might take a tour and test drive.

Sure, it looks deliberate, but trying to park a long load is a pain, there were no cars in the way when he got there, etc., and some people just don't understand, or hope they won't have to as long as they can park for a little while. Not everyone that drives has an IQ above the average, and some of those whose IQ is over 100 do some pretty thoughtless things.

If he were educated, became a friend, he might help spread the word to his other pick-em up buddies.
I gave the owner the benefit of the doubt up until the point in the story where he denied to security in the restaurant that he truck is his. At that point, it becomes difficult to chalk this up as something innocent.

The solution is to crazy glue/seal the gas hatch cover. Doesn't get him stuck there longer and he gets a little taste of his own medicine when he needs to fill up.

Karma.

haha. mean but similar sort of. maybe 2-ton 5 minurte epoxy. crazy glue is weak.

Was there anything good in the cooler at least?

- - - Updated - - -

Should have left him one of these...

190638d1346654964-why-we-bmw-drivers-get-douchebag-label-original.jpg

hahaha, we need these!

My parents own a sign shop. They have a lot of issues with cars using their designated parking stalls in the complex. It is a tow zone, but they tend to be nice and give everyone a warning.

They mentioned a strategy they use when someone does use one of their spots and is not doing business at their shop. They take a square of vinyl wrap material (think car wraps) and print a message regarding tow zone, designated parking, warning, etc. Then they put it on the cars side window. But here is the catch... my Dad uses a tool to lightly cut large vertical and horizontal lines through the vinyl (I can't remember if he does this before or after application, but it does not scratch the window). Now when the driver comes back, they see the note and try to take it off. Problem is, it's in 100 tiny pieces on the car. You start at the corner and a mini square comes off... then square by square by square. Some how most people don't realize you can just take a razor blade to it then clean after. Still would be a pain, but would save a lot of time. But from what they see, most people don't figure it out and go at it one piece at a time. Guarantee they don't park there again!

Is this too petty? Rude? I think they just got really sick of customers having to hike in for pick ups/orders, it is a bad hiking area.

Have to admit though, this got me thinking about ICE cars in charging station spots(instead of just a business card on top).

- - - Updated - - -

My parents own a sign shop. They have a lot of issues with cars using their designated parking stalls in the complex. It is a tow zone, but they tend to be nice and give everyone a warning.

They mentioned a strategy they use when someone does use one of their spots and is not doing business at their shop. They take a square of vinyl wrap material (think car wraps) and print a message regarding tow zone, designated parking, warning, etc. Then they put it on the cars side window. But here is the catch... my Dad uses a tool to lightly cut large vertical and horizontal lines through the vinyl (I can't remember if he does this before or after application, but it does not scratch the window). Now when the driver comes back, they see the note and try to take it off. Problem is, it's in 100 tiny pieces on the car. You start at the corner and a mini square comes off... then square by square by square. Some how most people don't realize you can just take a razor blade to it then clean after. Still would be a pain, but would save a lot of time. But from what they see, most people don't figure it out and go at it one piece at a time. Guarantee they don't park there again!

Is this too petty? Rude? I think they just got really sick of customers having to hike in for pick ups/orders, it is a bad hiking area.

Have to admit though, this got me thinking about ICE cars in charging station spots(instead of just a business card on top).

Apparently you can't edit post on here?

Was supposed to read "... it is a bad paring area."

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently you can't edit post on here?

Was supposed to read "... it is a bad paring area."

Oh come on! At least it has an update feature.

Let's try one more time. "... it is a bad parking area."

Absolutely would have done the same. Say, we need a extension for connecting around ICE'd chargers!

And you don't think this turd wouldn't enjoy destroying your cable when he pulled out?

- - - Updated - - -

Are Tesla spots not marked appropriately in CA? I thought there was a law about blocking EV spots.

Don't know about CA, but I like this one from Ann Arbor:
AnnArborPic.jpg

I suppose it helps that the city paid for and installed the chargers.

I had a similar situation at the Blanding Utah supercharger. A Toyota Tundra with a travel trailer parked across 3 of 4 supercharger stalls.

I posted this in the Holbrook, AZ thread.

6jdlCjl.jpg

It's hard to get in the head of these offenders. In my case, I politely asked the driver to move and he didn't say a word. He gave me a dirty look and made a quick sign of frustration with his hands, but did then immediately move to a free space in the nearly empty lot. He was sitting in the driver's seat while the wife fetched lunch.

RiverBrick:

from your photo above, it looks like you could have blocked him (and possibly) used the supercharger for a bit. Looks like there are plantings in front of this truck and not enough room to maneuver.

To the OP:

if you happened to be travelling with a second vehicle, you could have blocked the "massively ICEd" truck truck... your model S on one side and the other car on the other.

Give him a taste of his own medicine.

I posted this in the Holbrook, AZ thread.

6jdlCjl.jpg

It's hard to get in the head of these offenders. In my case, I politely asked the driver to move and he didn't say a word. He gave me a dirty look and made a quick sign of frustration with his hands, but did then immediately move to a free space in the nearly empty lot. He was sitting in the driver's seat while the wife fetched lunch.

The new Supercharger design with the pull in spots will help limit this. Individual spots can still get ICEd.

Trying to live my life by the non-aggression principle would be tested if I saw something like this... especially if I had a conversation with a ICE'd vehicle's driver and they refused to move when there were plenty of alternative places to go. Folks with trailers (especially bigger ones) with little/no experience pulling a trailer should be taken into consideration.. I don't advocate property damage in any case, but I can't say I wouldn't yell a lot if I was on a tight time schedule and got to a SC station that was all ICE'd up... :-/

i've considered the drive from LA to SAC with a baby and would be massively pissed if this happened. anyone with kids know the short window of time between feedings and whatnot..and for this to happen the guy would've found a diaper or two stashed hidden in his car somewhere.