Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patent US7053576 of Paulo & Alexandra Correa describes conversion of massless energy to conventional electrical energy in a device that could be placed in the truck space of an electric car. There would be no need to plug into the grid to charge. Tesla can incorporate this feature before or after their competitors.

• Disagree
Reactions: newtman
That is one fun patent read:
Patent US7053576 - Energy conversion systems

Never seen a patent like that before. Of course, the "invention" doesn't have to exist or work or even be feasible to get a patent.

Love the Tesla angle:
The present invention is concerned with conversion to conventional electrical energy of the variants of massfree energy radiation considered above, referred to for convenience as Tesla waves, massfree thermal radiation and latent massfree radiation. The first variant of such radiation was recognized, generated and at least partially disclosed by Tesla about a hundred years ago, although his work has been widely misinterpreted and also confused with his work on the transmission of radio or electromagnetic waves. The Tesla coil is a convenient generator of such radiation, and is used as such in many of the embodiments of our invention described below, but it should be clearly understood that our invention in its broadest sense is not restricted to the use of such a coil as a source of massfree radiation and any natural or artificial source may be utilized. For example, the sun is a natural source of such radiation, although interaction with the atmosphere means that it is largely unavailable at the earth's surface, limiting applications to locations outside of the earth's atmosphere.

• Funny
To the contrary, attempts to patent extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which the applicant is required to provide before such a patent is granted.

You may want to review Patent US5502354, Correa, in particular the description of observed experimental data for figure 1, for clear evidence of extracted energy. Also, please note this patent from 1996 has expired, meaning anyone can apply the technology.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Ampster and newtman
To the contrary, attempts to patent extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which the applicant is required to provide before such a patent is granted.

You may want to review Patent US5502354, Correa, in particular the description of observed experimental data for figure 1, for clear evidence of extracted energy. Also, please note this patent from 1996 has expired, meaning anyone can apply the technology.
Not actually true.
Patents for Unworkable Devices

If you patent something, does it actually have to work (even on paper)?

• Informative
P. & A. Correa's work is a replication of an earlier successful demonstration of extracted energy by H. Aspden, 1978, GB2002953, who showed excess extracted energy as heat. The later Correa replication, in 1996, US 5502354, improved on the earlier work by converting the excess extracted to conventional electrical energy.

To the contrary, attempts to patent extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which the applicant is required to provide before such a patent

I have a patent in my name that is absolute crap. I kept arguing with a lawyer who couldn't understand the technology and he put in claims that were ludicrously absurb and non-sensical. Its like I was trying to patent an electric motor but what the patent describe was a banana banjo - it was that far off. In the end I didnt care - the project was cancelled before that and I didnt want to keep arguing about it. So I just signed the damn thing to get the money for it from my employer.

The patent office accepted it without a blink.

These things arent validated until somebody actually takes you to court for violating one.

Reviewing the caliber of the researchers employed by top tier institutions who referenced the subject work in support of their own, including Raytheon Corporation, and The Reagents of the University of California, I disagree with your unsupported assertion that these are not reputable scientists.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
You find the torturing of animals and executing people to be hilarious? That's disturbing.

The difference here is - what Edison did... actually worked.

I agree to replace the word hilarious with the word disturbing, since I also, find what the Edison supporters did to be disturbing. Tesla later publicly demonstrated high frequency impulse electricity to be safe by immersing himself in it.

I have a patent in my name that is absolute crap. I kept arguing with a lawyer who couldn't understand the technology and he put in claims that were ludicrously absurb and non-sensical. Its like I was trying to patent an electric motor but what the patent describe was a banana banjo - it was that far off. In the end I didnt care - the project was cancelled before that and I didnt want to keep arguing about it. So I just signed the damn thing to get the money for it from my employer.

The patent office accepted it without a blink.

These things arent validated until somebody actually takes you to court for violating one.

Really? What patent was that? Number?

Well, this thread has certainly devolved since I posted a link discrediting this absurd "technology."

Holy moly.

OP, no one is going to take this seriously because none of this technology is backed by any accepted scientific principles. The more you post, the more you damage your credibility.

This is not Infowars, it's not a homeopathy site, or some other pseudoscience board. People who have faith in these things generally can't afford Tesla's, either because they've wasted their money on this nonsense, or they've died.