Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Brake Cylinder Brace from Mountain Pass Performance MPP

Will you order the brace?

• Yes

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install feedback:

Fit wasn't great but I doubt that's @MountainPass's fault. What I mean is the bolts were all preloaded on mine as I tightened because the crossmember and holes weren't lined up very well. But this is not a low tolerance assembly for Tesla I'm sure. The annoying thing is it caused the bolts to take off some of the anodizing. I know I'm never gonna see it, but I know it's there :)

Instructions say a 13mm stubby wrench is "ideal". I would say it's required. I really don't see how you're supposed to tighten the jam nut on the adjuster without it. In fact you really need two wrenches to do it properly since the adjuster just backs off with the jam nut as you tighten. Yes I realize I can over-preload the adjuster so that it backs off as I tighten but I wouldn't say that's "proper" :)

This would explain problems people have with it loosening too.

Install feedback:

Fit wasn't great but I doubt that's @MountainPass's fault. What I mean is the bolts were all preloaded on mine as I tightened because the crossmember and holes weren't lined up very well. But this is not a low tolerance assembly for Tesla I'm sure. The annoying thing is it caused the bolts to take off some of the anodizing. I know I'm never gonna see it, but I know it's there :)

Instructions say a 13mm stubby wrench is "ideal". I would say it's required. I really don't see how you're supposed to tighten the jam nut on the adjuster without it. In fact you really need two wrenches to do it properly since the adjuster just backs off with the jam nut as you tighten. Yes I realize I can over-preload the adjuster so that it backs off as I tighten but I wouldn't say that's "proper" :)

This would explain problems people have with it loosening too.

Ah! It was bound to happen. The FLCAB were a big challenge as well because the subframes vary so much.

I am updating the instructions right now with your feedback, thank you so much and I hope you're enjoying the kit!

Reactions: Bigtuna00
I think he’s talking about the master cylinder brace here.

Sorry if that was unclear, I meant that dealing with some of the loose tolerances that Tesla has is a challenge when designing parts. For example, it fit the 3 cars we tested it on here, and the hundreds of braces sold so far. The same with the FLCAB, which we noticed quite large differences in tolerance when designing the dowels we use.

Reactions: Bigtuna00
I installed this on my car. Brake feel is improved, much more linear than before. I would definitely recommend.
8A99AC45-15FE-4994-B026-DC6F913AA0DD.jpeg

529D0A6B-FD94-4FCE-AC9F-73A961E0B0CB.jpeg

DF5E88A0-DAB1-422E-BA3A-B1E1D96E4513.jpeg