Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Brake Cylinder Brace from Mountain Pass Performance MPP

Will you order the brace?

• Yes

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re looking for stiffness, I would say no

Have you handled solid infill parts before, especially ABS printed? I use them as floor jack pads for the car, they're extremely solid. I've also made clamps for wood working, they're very sturdy.

The design here could be adapted to have the cutouts filled with a thin sheet of the plastic. Might be worth it for MPP to offer as a budget offering, even if they just print them, rather than having expensive plastic tooling made.

Last edited:
Have you handled solid infill parts before, especially ABS printed? I use them as floor jack pads for the car, they're extremely solid. I've also made clamps for wood working, they're very sturdy.

The design here could be adapted to have the cutouts filled with a thin sheet of the plastic. Might be worth it for MPP to offer as a budget offering, even if they just print them, rather than having expensive plastic tooling made.
3D part has been done and in use, and you can design it your way...

Brace assy 1.png

Last edited:

Yes, I have. ABS is still ABS, especially when heated.

3D part has been done and in use, and you can design it your way...

View attachment 743627

Used Nylon with Carbon fiber

(Nylon Carbon Fiber is a reinforced nylon material with added micro carbon fibers, Nylon Carbon Fiber is an engineering grade filament, designed for desktop 3D printing. It's high impact and chemical resistance, as well as high tensile strength and perfect processing stability make this filament capable of printing engineering parts.)