Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Brake Cylinder Brace from Mountain Pass Performance MPP

Will you order the brace?

• Yes

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about this brace? Precision Works Master Cylinder Brace - Tesla Model 3
I got one shipped for $95.

curious if it works for you, I bought one for my 2021, and the screw that goes against the brace, would not screw in far enough to mount it. it needs a solid 1/2" deeper to fit properly. Uncertain if the screw itself was too long, or they didn't bore the hole out deep enough.

• Funny
Reactions: MountainPass
I wouldn't call a master cylinder brace a knock off. They are made for all sorts of cars long before MPP's existence. It is not identical to it either, but it does cost a lot less.
I get where you’re coming from but I would certainly call this a knock off. Even down to the color.

This company only makes 1 Tesla part. It’s pretty clear to me the saw an opportunity to make a cheap part with no research.

Look again. Not identical.
Yup, you are right, there's one additional cross brace. All the hardware, including the spacers, and even the color are almost exactly the same. Definitely "not a knockoff" (a copy or imitation of someone or something popular). In fact, it's so different, one could easily tell which is which off-hand when placing them side-by-side.

notaknockoff.jpg

TLDR; it's a knockoff. They absolutely copied MPP's product, it couldn't be more obvious.

If you still want to buy it so be it, but don't pretend it's not a knockoff 🤣

Did You actually get offended by that? I did buy it and achieved the same result at half the price.
Offended? No. But you claimed it wasn't a knockoff, and it very clearly is.

Personally, I'm more comfortable supporting the company that originally designed this, and who offers excellent customer support and products to the community. MPP was making products for the Model 3 when many, many other aftermarket companies wouldn't even consider it (a lot of whom have since changed their tone given the sheer volume of cars sold).

I'm sure it works just fine, but to me it's not just about the cost.

Last edited:
Given @hr
If it’s a US company and MPP has a patent they should file an infringement case.
Sure, IF it was patented, however it cannot be patented. Master Cylinder braces have existed for decades. You can't patent something that has existed before, made of exactly the same materials as before, performing the same functions as before, just because yours has some unique dimensions.

Patents are for novel and non-obvious machines, methods, processes, or materials, and there's nothing novel about a Tesla Model 3 master cyl brace vs the ones that have been sold for other cars for decades. The first MCB probably could have been patented, but that was more than 20 years ago, so it would be long expired.

Depending on your point of view, either unfortunately or fortunately, not all development work humans do can be protected by patents just because you worked hard at it.

Just installed my brace. Definitely a noticeable improvement in feel. Very easy and quick setup too.

I will admit I bought the knockoff one from Private Label. Would have rather supported the OG from MPP but they were out of stock when I ordered my coilovers and I got impatient.

I’m a bad person. Please forgive me MPP haha.

• Funny
Reactions: FatM3 and nsyr
Just installed my brace. Definitely a noticeable improvement in feel. Very easy and quick setup too.

I will admit I bought the knockoff one from Private Label. Would have rather supported the OG from MPP but they were out of stock when I ordered my coilovers and I got impatient.

I’m a bad person. Please forgive me MPP haha.
1644595012474.png