Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Brake Cylinder Brace from Mountain Pass Performance MPP

Will you order the brace?

• Yes

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In our measurements, we found that it moves both outwards and upwards, stopping the outwards movement also significantly reduces the upwards movement.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong in measuring or what could be different about my car? I've measured it more than once and always find inward movement. As you can see from the video I also see the upward movement you mention, but it's pretty logical that if it's on an arc and the pivot point is below the MC, it's going to move towards the rear of the car as it moves upwards.

Finally got mine in… for anyone struggling with getting to the adjuster and jam nut (I tried with a stubby 13 for a while) a 13mm (or 1/2” in my case) crows foot on an extension made quick work of both.
3E08DEB7-9CA3-4A5F-B8A5-986328FCAF86.jpeg
E5C3CF4E-60E7-486A-B5F6-B4BF816DBA8C.jpeg

Installed the stealth black (optional MPP finish) part and very happy the results. Echoing what above posters have said, this is a must-have for all Model 3s.

Any hard braking events are far more predictable. An added benefit I noticed – with regen on a higher setting and/or braking set to Hold, the blend of the brakes at the end is crisper and cleaner, happens faster.

Attachments

• 20220509_094606.jpg
    20220509_094606.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220509_094548.jpg
    20220509_094548.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220509_094552.jpg
    20220509_094552.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 68
I installed mine a few weeks ago and honestly didn't notice any immediate difference during regular driving. During hard braking I think there was a bit more bite but might be placebo. How tight is the swivel piece supposed to be up against the master brake?

Reactions: gearchruncher
I installed mine a few weeks ago and honestly didn't notice any immediate difference during regular driving. During hard braking I think there was a bit more bite but might be placebo. How tight is the swivel piece supposed to be up against the master brake?
I tightened it until there was an obvious reduction in movement behind the swivel. Here’s a before with it just making contact and an after. There was an immediate difference.

I'm very glad that lots of people are finding the brace to be great, and MPP makes great products of which I have multiple on my car. However, I'll offer a differing opinion on the master cyl brace. I couldn't notice any difference with it installed. I tried tightening it and messing with it, still no difference. I sold mine a few weeks after I installed it and noticed no difference taking it off either.

I tightened it until there was an obvious reduction in movement behind the swivel. Here’s a before with it just making contact and an after. There was an immediate difference.

It does seem like the brace would resist movement better if the contact point was lower in this video, as someone else pointed out earlier. There's a lot of vertical movement in the cylinder.