Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing on the faster charging yet?

Also, it seems to be hitting Model 3 LR awd’s mostly... (hope it’s okay to screenshot TeslaFi)

Attachments

• 879DB60D-8AC0-429D-A57F-C2213D05F21D.png
    879DB60D-8AC0-429D-A57F-C2213D05F21D.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 98
If you can really feel a difference in performance, it means it’s bigger than 5%, or it’s not just a linear increase. By which I mean they’ve changed some mapping parameters, rather than just done a +5% across the board. Butt dynos just aren’t that accurate, unless you were driving around a loop in Austin earlier today in your other car. IMHO, YMMV etc etc.

Reactions: fiatlux
36.1 seems like one of the slowest rollouts in a long time I wonder why?
It only started yesterday, and is following the general pattern for rollouts that have fairly big changes - a few hundred cars at first, very little action over the weekend, the big push starts on Monday or Tuesday if no big problems pop up. So no need to be alarmed.

It only started yesterday, and is following the general pattern for rollouts that have fairly big changes - a few hundred cars at first, very little action over the weekend, the big push starts on Monday or Tuesday if no big problems pop up. So no need to be alarmed.
Not alarmed, just was saying... the initial v10 release, while I believe was larger than 36.1, registered thousands a day on Teslafi. This is a drip in comparison. I’m not in a hurry... it will come when it does. Was just curious why this one drips slower than an IV bag. :confused:

Model 3 MR in VA. Got my update Friday night. Seems a little peppier, but hard to be sure since I rarely floor it.

Stopping mode takes some getting used to, especially in reverse. Not sure yet if I like it - will need a couple weeks to see. Seems a little more powerful than normal regen.

Initial trials of smart summon are encouraging. It seems to be more confident, though still doesn’t drive fast. By confident, I mean that it doesn’t stop to think as often. One course initially plotted would have clipped an island in the lot, but when it drove it, it took a good path without the process of approaching the obstacle, “sniffing”, and adjusting.

Spotify still buggy when you first start it. Switching to streaming and back usually required.

2019 P3D w/FSD, got my update installed Friday night, drove ~60 miles since in mixed conditions - city/highway/traffic - with the SF Tesla Club.
  • I love it. One pedal parking in both forward and reverse is lovely. The regen amount and progressiveness seems pretty dialed in - can always use some refinement.
  • Seeing cones on the screen is kind of distracting since they're colored.
  • I've not time or even tried to do 0-60 yet but I notice the power band/progressiveness seems to have changed and is not as linear - which is actually ok...the delivery feels more comfortable.
  • Still want a "standard" driving mode in the P3D since the delta between CHILL and SPORT is very large.
Overall a good update in my book.

Not alarmed, just was saying... the initial v10 release, while I believe was larger than 36.1, registered thousands a day on Teslafi. This is a drip in comparison. I’m not in a hurry... it will come when it does. Was just curious why this one drips slower than an IV bag. :confused:

The v10 release was special, I wouldn't expect to see a rollout like that again until, well, v11. Now it's back to business as normal. Release to a few percent, monitor, fix bugs, roll out to a few more etc and then eventually open up to 50+%.

Reactions: MagnusMako