Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it's a largely an "after 40 mph" 5% bump...
This is only because these cars are becoming traction limited. My guess would be if people did their testing on a sticky drag strip, they would see the +5% from the get go. On normal roads, however, its clear from scan my tesla power data etc. that the software limits power on the initial launch up to around 40-50 mph to maintain traction, only then is the full 400+ kw put down.. The 0-100 mph time difference shows the horsepower increase is real, which means it will also be picked up through a 2-3 mph increase (maybe more) in terminal speed on the quarter mile . Great stuff Tesla and thanks Elon. Now all we need is the promised ludicrous option to dip into the 2.9s for 0-60 and 11.2's-11.3's for the quarter .......

Reactions: dhanson865
This is only because these cars are becoming traction limited. My guess would be if people did their testing on a sticky drag strip, they would see the +5% from the get go. On normal roads, however, its clear from scan my tesla power data etc. that the software limits power on the initial launch up to around 40-50 mph to maintain traction, only then is the full 400+ kw put down.. The 0-100 mph time difference shows the horsepower increase is real, which means it will also be picked up through a 2-3 mph increase (maybe more) in terminal speed on the quarter mile . Great stuff Tesla and thanks Elon. Now all we need is the promised ludicrous option to dip into the 2.9s for 0-60 and 11.2's-11.3's for the quarter .......
Elon promised Ludicrous mode for Performance model 3's?

Elon promised Ludicrous mode for Performance model 3's?

If a tweet counts as a promise, then yes:

Twitter

My guess is that he’s holding off on releasing Ludicrous for Model 3 until Plaid is released for Model S.

4F94A0DC-EAEC-4937-B8C7-8BDB56F289E3.jpeg

Reactions: wallet.dat
Anyone else seeing media related oddities? Connection drops (Spotify hangs up entirely quite often), radio stations unable to change, (and sometimes the stations change but the display does not reflect it), song name display stopped working, etc.

Stability definitely seems to be an issue for me with this release. Even had EAP complaining about blind spot camera issues randomly.

Reboots end the current issue but I’m seeing it happen again after a short while.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc

Well, from my data, I went from an ET of 7.36 s @ 97.08 mph on 2019.8.4 to an ET of 7.334 s @ 98.78 mph ion 2019.36.1 in the 1/8 mile. I don't have enough runway to do a 1/4. It was 7.513 s @ 95.32 mph before the first power bump (2019.5.15).

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
If you convert accelerometer data to implied torque and power data using the mass of the car and driver (~1925 kg), the radius of the wheels (~.33 m), and the final drive ratio (9.04, AFAIK), then it looks like I got a boost of ~3.5% peak power, but the area under the curve for power is quite a bit better, which is reflected in the 0-100 and trap speeds at the 1/8 mile mark:

upload_2019-11-6_8-20-16.png

If you convert accelerometer data to implied torque and power data using the mass of the car and driver (~1925 kg), the radius of the wheels (~.33 m), and the final drive ratio (9.04, AFAIK), then it looks like I got a boost of ~3.5% peak power, but the area under the curve for power is quite a bit better, which is reflected in the 0-100 and trap speeds at the 1/8 mile mark:

View attachment 473741

Interesting data. Do you have a P3? That looks like a P3 curve (power on the AWD seems to flatline). Torque is the derivative/slope of power and is ultimately the driving force behind acceleration, what's the difference in torque? It looks like 10-15 units.

Anyone else seeing media related oddities? Connection drops (Spotify hangs up entirely quite often), radio stations unable to change, (and sometimes the stations change but the display does not reflect it), song name display stopped working, etc.

Stability definitely seems to be an issue for me with this release. Even had EAP complaining about blind spot camera issues randomly.

Reboots end the current issue but I’m seeing it happen again after a short while.
Spotify has been doing that for me since V10 rolled out.

Reactions: ChunkAhoy