Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my 36.1 update on 11/01. LR RWD FSD built August 2018. Like the one pedal driving but it does take some getting use to in reverse.
The only other issue so far is wipers- they again seem to have a mind of their own. They occasionally start with no rain around and don't start with a lite mist that eventually covers the windshield and requires a "button push" to clear.
It does feel quicker but I have not had the opportunity to try with a Dragy yet.

Yeah it looks like they paused it. Probably due to some people reporting the car moving forward when it indicates it was in reverse.
That's funny, I did notice that once it went a foot forward when I was in reverse. I panicked and pushed stalk to reverse again, but I was SURE the car was already in reverse. I assumed it was user error and I was imaging things, but guess not. Pretty dangerous bug I suppose.

As for other updates, button-marker AP lane changes are still working OK (improved from 10% success to maybe 85% success).

The lane changes themselves are also a little different-- more direct and confident / slightly sharper wheel angle into lane.

5% power increase is surprisingly noticeable. If you think about it, going from 376HP/412LbFt to 395/432 is a decent bump.

I'm dying to find construction area to AP through. All cones so far have been off the road / not redirecting lanes but I will say this: they render beautifully and accurately on AP screen.

A truck with a cone loaded in rear of his bed was being rendered as a cone in front of me that was flying down the highway-- the AP did not respond to it thankfully!

Still not sure why I got this update when I'm usually a month behind. Probably because I've complained about broken lane changes in Nevada so many times they just threw me into EAP?

The care is uploading FOUR GIGS a night so, the neural nets must be learning somethin' :)

I got 3.36 flat and 3.13 rolling before, still waiting for the update to measure again. Do you have times for the same place before?
My older runs were posted somewhere in here as someone asked too. Basically if looking at rolling times, I used to get right around 3.22secs and now i'm getting more 3.15 secs. So I'd say it's about 0.5 seconds faster on average in my experiences.

Reactions: BM3B
The lane changes themselves are also a little different-- more direct and confident / slightly sharper wheel angle into lane.

I was looking for the words to describe the new lane change behavior and this captures it perfectly, "direct and confident".

5% power increase is surprisingly noticeable

Yep this one surprised me too. Feels like more than 5% to me. To the point I've wondered if they accidentally upgraded me to a P3D config ;-)
I've never driven a P3D though so can't say I actually know what it feels like to compare.

Does the AP only recognize CONES and not barrels and other construction markers? I've got many barrels on my route to work right now and they are not showing up on the screen at all. I use NOA pretty much everyday for ~30 miles each way.

The car is recognizing cones and barrels and renders everything as a cone on the screen. Drove past some road barricades yesterday (type 3) that were off to my side. They don't render yet but the barrels around them rendered as cones.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I was looking for the words to describe the new lane change behavior and this captures it perfectly, "direct and confident".

Yep this one surprised me too. Feels like more than 5% to me. To the point I've wondered if they accidentally upgraded me to a P3D config ;-)
I've never driven a P3D though so can't say I actually know what it feels like to compare.

The car is recognizing cones and barrels and renders everything as a cone on the screen. Drove past some road barricades yesterday (type 3) that were off to my side. They don't render yet but the barrels around them rendered as cones.

Hmm, wonder why mine isn't rendering cones. (I'm on 36.1)

I received my 36.1 update on 11/01. LR RWD FSD built August 2018. Like the one pedal driving but it does take some getting use to in reverse.
The only other issue so far is wipers- they again seem to have a mind of their own. They occasionally start with no rain around and don't start with a lite mist that eventually covers the windshield and requires a "button push" to clear.
It does feel quicker but I have not had the opportunity to try with a Dragy yet.

Did you notice any range increase? I also have an LR RWD so I was just curious