Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it looks like they paused it. Probably due to some people reporting the car moving forward when it indicates it was in reverse.

Interesting. I have had the update on my LR RWD since 11/2 and I did notice that once when I was backing out of my driveway, and still in reverse, the car lurched forward. Honestly, I wish the new Hold functionality was turned off while backing up, feels odd to not be able to roll down the driveway....

Reactions: MrABRanch
I have check mu Codec and have H264......I purchased on 16 Jun 19 with FSD.....being told that production after April 2019, all cars have HW3.0

Is this way I cannot get update 36.1 or 36.2? does that mean that 32.12.2 is for HW2.5

if true, what should I do

I have check mu Codec and have H264......I purchased on 16 Jun 19 with FSD.....being told that production after April 2019, all cars have HW3.0

Is this way I cannot get update 36.1 or 36.2? does that mean that 32.12.2 is for HW2.5

if true, what should I do

Nothing. You almost certainly have HW3. Just be patient and wait like the 99.9999999% of us that don't have the latest update.

Okie Dokie......will do.....was just curious if H264 was for HW2.5 since that is what I have......and was just wondering if I should have HW3.0 since I had a 16 Jun 19 car....

thank you Sir....I will just wait and see what happens

Months ago H265 files was the way to check if you had HW3 or not. Since then, updates have come out that reverted HW3-based files to H264. So all users have the same file types now.

I have 36.1 and got it on November 1. I have a LR RWD with FSD added. FSD was not available at the time of purchase, just enhanced AP. The car was built 8/2/2018. I don't have a clue about the early AP or if anything really happened when I purchased the FSD and the claim that we would be added to the program.
So-- I don't know why I got it or if this will continue (getting early drops in a small group). So far the only complaint is the Spotify loading is error still there and the wipers have gotten flaky again. Wipe with no rain and don't wipe with light rain or mist where the water just builds up a sheet on the ws.
The one pedal driving I like- just takes a little getting use to especially in reverse. Cannot yet verify if the car does see cones now.

Last edited: