Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can absolutely and precisely control the motion and stopping of the car with Hold. Just have to think differently and fine-tune how you use foot control. I agree I felt natural. So much so I hardly noticed, just less roll. I still can't understand why some folks like creep, especially in reverse when parking, or why hold is a problem for them with parking. I prefer to control the motion. In any case, the underlying issue of a variable regen means you always have to adjust your response to motion. Regen is not the same across temperature and SOC.

You can absolutely and precisely control the motion and stopping of the car with Hold. Just have to think differently and fine-tune how you use foot control. I agree I felt natural. So much so I hardly noticed, just less roll. I still can't understand why some folks like creep, especially in reverse when parking, or why hold is a problem for them with parking. I prefer to control the motion. In any case, the underlying issue of a variable regen means you always have to adjust your response to motion. Regen is not the same across temperature and SOC.

I agree, I find no creep safer than creep. I guess difference of opinions to others which is fine. Long time habits are hard to break but I can gaurantee if we never had creep and someone introduced it nobody would use it. They'd probably consider it more dangerous .. how can you possibly let the car move without me telling it to! what if my foot slips? etc.