Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, I find no creep safer than creep. I guess difference of opinions to others which is fine. Long time habits are hard to break but I can gaurantee if we never had creep and someone introduced it nobody would use it. They'd probably consider it more dangerous .. how can you possibly let the car move without me telling it to! what if my foot slips? etc.

I guess Creep is made for people that have been driving automatics all their lives, old habits die hard. The TM3 Its basically an automatic as well.

I have driven manual all my life till the model 3, so creep made no sense to me - you can't move forward on the manual unless you are in gear and you let the clutch off slowly anyways. I do enjoy rolling back and forth sometimes when im bored and seeing people give the wtf look :)

Coming from 3 pedals to one pedal is too much of a jump for me anyways, so ill keep using the brake to hold. Maybe ill do give that one pedal mode a try again in the future, but for now its a nope for me dawg.

Can’t wait to try the hold mode. When does the car stop? I usually coast a lot right now under 5mph so I don’t hit the brake till the car is at like 2mph and there aren’t any cars close behind me. I’m guessing hold will kick in sooner than I currently normally brake, which probably won’t take too long to get used to.

Can’t wait to try the hold mode. When does the car stop? I usually coast a lot right now under 5mph so I don’t hit the brake till the car is at like 2mph and there aren’t any cars close behind me. I’m guessing hold will kick in sooner than I currently normally brake, which probably won’t take too long to get used to.

Not quite sure how to answer this, but it’s done very well. It just gradually comes to a gentle stop. It’s good. I would always try and time my decelerations so I don’t use the brake pedal anyway (except the end). If that’s you, then you will love hold mode.

Got 2019.36.2.1 last night. Rushed out this morning to try out one-pedal mode. Seeing as it was 40 degrees out, the regen braking was so minimal out of the driveway that I couldn't do a real test. Oh well, will wait for warmer weather, or a warmer battery. Happy to have it though.

Just got it, anyone know how significant the power increase is for the P3D+? Any time shaven off the 0-60?

Attachments

• 3452A331-5E06-4D76-A912-F164C1D19DD0.jpeg
    3452A331-5E06-4D76-A912-F164C1D19DD0.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 467EE4E0-4C06-4DAA-92D5-31B2E62E69C5.jpeg
    467EE4E0-4C06-4DAA-92D5-31B2E62E69C5.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 67AF8007-4B6F-4992-99D1-8DBCA4F013D3.jpeg
    67AF8007-4B6F-4992-99D1-8DBCA4F013D3.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 99
Hold mode seems ok, but backing out with it is going to take a lot of getting used to. The thing I like about creep mode is that forwards or reverse, you’re controlling it with the brake, so something unexpected happens, your foot is already in the right place to stop immediately and there’s a lot less chance of getting confused in a moment of panic and accidentally stepping on the accelerator. I’ll have to test it some more. Swapping modes with a different user profile is a great idea.

I tried the new hold mode, not sure how I feel about it. The reversing feels very strange. It will definitely take some getting used to it.
Yes - the reversing on a steep slope now requires the pedal to constantly be used. When I back out of my driveway, i'm backing down a steep slope into my alleyway, gravity would normally cause me to use the brake but now I have to use the accelerator. Not a big deal, it's easy to learn how to manage it - and the auto stop / hold mode is really nice!

Now that winter, salt and a lot of wet weather is here how do yo think hold is going to affect the rotors? I guess with limited regen in colder weather we will still need to press the brakes but I'm curious if some might rust out.

That's a great question. Are we sure the brakes aren't used by the Tesla algorithm for the last 3-5 MPH with that issue in mind?

Wouldn't know, as I have yet to receive the update.... ;)

For those of you that desperately want this update, here's a sure fire method to obtain it.......

1. Go out to your car and start it up
2. Fire up your browser and navigate to Teslamotorsclub.com
3. Enter your username and password and log in
4. By the time you have actually logged in, you should have received the latest update

Caution! Using this method has known side effects and should only be used by those individuals that:
1. Do not need to go to work
2. Do not need to eat
3. Do not need to sleep

Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding this method. You may experience drowsiness, anxiety, fatigue, irritability and weight loss.

For those of you that desperately want this update, here's a sure fire method to obtain it.......

1. Go out to your car and start it up
2. Fire up your browser and navigate to Teslamotorsclub.com
3. Enter your username and password and log in
4. By the time you have actually logged in, you should have received the latest update

Caution! Using this method has known side effects and should only be used by those individuals that:
1. Do not need to go to work
2. Do not need to eat
3. Do not need to sleep

Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding this method. You may experience drowsiness, anxiety, fatigue, irritability and weight loss.
No weight loss yet..

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG